Do you like driving change and innovation while being able to control the bigger picture? If so, then your next challenge might be at Encore Fire Protection. We are looking for an experienced human resources professional to round out our existing team, and help us transition from your traditional HR department into a more forward-thinking department of People Operations. Our current HR team is small but mighty (just two people). They've got a lot on their plates, but they have the fundamentals covered. The right person will know how to take the department and scale it to support an organization 3x times our current size.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is energized by making genuine connections and helping others to succeed. We have a culture that encourages people to bring their own ideas to the table. Your greatest challenge will be turning those ideas into actionable strategy. But, in this role you will report directly to the CEO so there's no better position for being able to turn those ideas into reality.
Out of the gates, you should expect to be very hands on. Responsibilities may include but aren't limited to:
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and provide assistance
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Maintain records of personnel-related data (payroll, personal information, leaves, turnover rates etc.) in both paper and the database and ensure all employment requirements are met
- Liaise with other departments or functions (payroll, benefits etc.)
- Support the recruitment/hiring process by coordinating pre-employment screening and background checks
Over time, our expectation is that your responsibilities will become less tactical and more strategic which could include:
- Design and develop global onboarding process for all new hires
- Establish role clarity and global KPI's for each position
- Create system for tracking the licensure of field staff
- Develop a plan to ensure compliance with EEO and any or all diversity and inclusion laws
- Create and implement employee training and development programs to meet technical demands of jobs, create career development pathways, and drive a culture committed to excellence and leadership
To really excel in this position, there are a few non-negotiable requirements:
- College degree in Human Resources or related field with a minimum of 5-years experience in a Human Resource field. HR Management experience preferred.
- Work ethic and a "can-do" attitude. This is honestly the most important thing you can bring to our table so be prepared to give us a few examples of situations where you had to work harder than everyone else to achieve your goals.
- Proven ability working in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects occurring simultaneously.
- Above average proficiency with technology. Walking in the door, you have to know the Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Powerpoint, and Excel above all others) beyond that, we need someone with verifiable ability to self-teach other new and emerging platforms
As a company, Encore is hyper-focused on developing a culture that thrives on success and is energized by the fact that we get to make peoples' lives better and safer each day. One of the ways we do this is by generously rewarding all those who contribute to our continued growth. But we also believe that not all rewards are monetary. Here are just a few a few perks that a successful individual in this role can expect:
- Attractive salary commensurate with experience with opportunity for a results-driven bonus based on personal output and effectiveness in role
- Purpose and results driven work environment (work smarter not harder)
- We dress for the objective which means most days we wear jeans but occasionally we wear suits. As long as you know which situations require which (or aren't afraid to ask), you'll be all set!
- Speaking of attire, we offer all employees Encore gear twice a year
- Snacks and coffee everyday and weekly "to-order" office lunches and breakfast
- Freedom to express ideas - a culture of willingness to test, try, modify, adopt, enhance, improve and CHANGE as needed
- Access to leading edge web-based productivity tools
- Participation in Fidelity 401(K) that includes employer match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits through Blue Cross
- Company-paid life insurance policy of $25,000
Encore Fire Protection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Encore Fire Protection is an E-Verify Employer
As an EEO/AA employer, Encore Fire Protection considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status