Company: TRANE TECHNOLOGIES
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
At Trane Technologies®
we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane®
and Thermo King®
- create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world. Trane Technologies has an exciting opportunity for a position in our Test Laboratory as an Air-Cooled Chiller Test Technician. This position is based out of La Crosse, WI in the Engineering Laboratory. The primary role of this position is testing in support of new product development, sustainability, quality improvement projects, and agency compliance for Air Cooled Chiller products. This role is responsible for test in the lab that produce qualifying performance and safety test data on Commercial Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (CVHAC) Products. The area requires a high level of problem solving, troubleshooting, organization, and collaboration. This position works closely with engineering and other lab personnel to complete projects. This is a full-time position. Key Competencies:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of complex variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge on mechanical and electrical components and their principles, properties and theories.
- Proficient understanding of schematics, reading and interpreting engineering drawings, technical reports, safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to speak and listen effectively before groups of customers or employees in the organization.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to operate power hand tools, band saw, drill press, grinder etc. and work from lifts, scaffolds, and ladders.
- Work safely and maintain a safe work area in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provide in end-to-end concept and validation testing: including planning; unit, instrumentation and data acquisition setup; and testing in accordance with approved test plan and agency standards with guidance from Test Engineer or Senior Technician for Trane Commercial HVAC products.
- Support the fabrication, assembly and validation of laboratory facilities and product prototypes
- Provide testing input during test planning stages and design feedback to engineering teams during and after completion of testing
- Independently troubleshoot and diagnose common test problems while increasing technical skills and knowledge of Trane products and processes
- Drives for continuous improvement.
- Support other testing and lab activities as needed.
- Associate degree in HVAC or 2-year equivalent degree program at an accredited school AND
- 5 years’ work experience in related field
- Strong grasp of refrigeration related thermodynamic principles and mechanical troubleshooting is required.
- EPA Type I II Certification or the willingness to become certified.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook) required, with desire to learn basic programming in Visual Basic is preferred.
- May physically lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with provided machinery and personnel.
- Must conduct affairs of the company and interact with suppliers and customers in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.