JOB TITLE: Credentialed Alcoholism & Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC)
DEPARTMENT: Supportive Housing
LOCATION: Bronx, NY
SUMMARY: Directly provides counseling, case management and other chemical dependency services to meet the social and emotional needs of chronically homeless individuals. Coordinates the use of local agency housing and community services to retain participants in permanent housing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for individual caseload of single adult participants.
- Provides Supportive Counseling
- Counsel's patients admitted to programs within Chemical Dependency Services, utilizing accepted current knowledge-based skills in the treatment of addictions.
- Participates in the development of treatment plans and establishes short-term and long-term goals.
- Responsible for providing linkages with community resources, daily life skills training, counseling and support, documentation and compliance with program requirements.
- Responds to team suggestions and integrates recommendations in treatment plans.
- Participates in clinical team meetings to discuss individual cases and general client progress.
- Communicates with all collateral agencies to ensure participants compliance with service plan.
- Maintains all required documentation including progress notes, treatment plans, discharge summaries, Service Participation, Homeless Management Information Systems and submits all in a timely manner.
- Identifies program needs and makes recommendations.
- Provides crisis intervention and stabilization as needed. May require some after hour's follow-up to emergency situations.
- Performs related tasks as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENT:
Current NYS certification as a Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor required. Bachelor's degree in Human Services field preferred, with 2 years experience working in a similar setting and/or working with the substance abuse, mental health and homeless populations. Bi-lingual Spanish a plus. Ability to work some evenings and occasional weekends. Excellent and demonstrated writing ability and strong oral communication skills. Must have knowledge and skill in the use of computer software applications for drafting documents, data management and tracking. Experience in crisis intervention techniques and strength-based interventions. Must have own car and valid driver's license.
AGENCY PROFILE & EMPLOYEE EXPECTATIONS
Westhab is the premier organization of our kind in our region, providing housing and supportive services for more than 10,000 of the most vulnerable members of our community each year. We are staffed by an extraordinary group of hard working professionals that are fully committed to our mission - Building Communities. Changing Lives. Working at Westhab is not easy. Our expectations for all staff are high. We believe that the people and the communities that we have the privilege to serve deserve our very best every day. We are results-driven organization that focuses on empowerment and impact. If you want to apply for this opportunity, it should only be because you feel ready for the challenges and expectations that come with joining this kind of team. (EOE)
Powered by JazzHR