Salary: circa £40,000 per annum
Our client was established in 1982 and is now a leading UK based private label manufacturer of both dried complete and wet pet food supplying both the UK domestic and increasingly the international pet food market.
They are seeking a Company Accountant to join the business, supporting the day-to-day activities of the Finance Department.
Key Financial Duties:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts including balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare weekly cash flow forecast and weekly suggested payment run.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register and process monthly Fixed Asset Movements
- Sales Reporting - internal reports for management and external reports for customers
- Monitor project costs against projections
- Calculate customer over-riders and rebates
- Assist with maintaining Sage system, set up of item codes, products groups, customers and suppliers
- Maintaining Price Books and Bands within sage
- Monthly Intrastat submission
- Ensuring that customs declarations are done accurately and in a timely manner for all imports
- Monthly credit card reconciliation and maintaining petty cash
- Assist in the execution of monthly stock takes and perform stock reconciliations
- Work with other members of the finance team in interrogating product margins.
- Prepare product costings for tender submissions
- Produce weekly outstanding PO report and resolve issues with PO originator
- Prepare/Assist in the preparation of weekly KPI information
- Interrogate costs and identify areas where costs can be saved to include a review of current supplier contracts and agreements
- Call down FX Contracts
- Purchase ad hoc items as and when required by the business
- Update Raw Material contract purchase file and purchase orders
- Process Month end Journals
- Authorise purchase orders on the system
- Provide cover for both sales and purchase ledger functions, as well as for the Financial controller when not in the office.
The ideal candidate will need to have an advanced knowledge of excel and be able to manipulate and interpret large volumes of data, have a methodical and can do attitude and work to tight time scales. As well as this they will need to be very hands on and be able to step in and cover what is needed within a small team
- ACCA / QBE / AAT qualifications
- Onsite Parking
- Life Insurance
- Pension (Auto enrolment)
- Online Discount
- Welfare support
If you feel you are a suitable candidate and would like to work for this reputable company, then please do not hesitate in applying.