Company: EKIM CONSULTING
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
My client is a Travel Insurance Services business, part of one of the world's leading reinsurers. Founded in 1910, they are a well-established travel insurance provider that offers single-trip, annual, and backpacker policies, as well as specialist cover for seasonal workers such as ski instructors. They are the largest travel underwriter in the UK. Most recently the business has expanded into pet and gadget insurance.
Due to continued growth, they are now looking to hire the following role;
Purpose of the role
- To support the Company by being responsible for ensuring all Regulatory (PRA, FCA, etc), business and local regulatory Complaints standards are met; including implementing and maintaining company competence processes to support improvement in continued performance quality as appropriate.
- Direct responsibility for ensuring Regulations in respect of DISP and other FOS requirements for complaint assessment and reporting are adhered to.
- Direct responsibility for considering the adherence to IDD and GDPR implemented in all complaint cases; including helping to identify areas for development / improvement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for overseeing internal team of complaint officers in proper handling of customer/company complaints
- Oversee the calculation and processing of compensation payments
- Oversee the preparation of Files for the FOS
- Take calls from stakeholders - including customers, solicitors or the financial ombudsman service
- Ensure Maintenance of Complaints Registers and other databases, including CareSmart
- Facilitate and document risk assessments of complaint and Risk and manage the reporting and remediation of the compliant handling activities
- Ensure all customers and complaints are treated with courtesy and in line with TCF / good conduct.
Support and Oversight
- Analyse complaint data and survey data to identify continuous improvement actions and work with the business to implement these actions
- Identify and understand, and as necessary report to Chief Compliance and Risk Officer, Compliance/regulatory breaches as identified by Complaints RCA and oversight
- Prepare and distribute complaint and compensation reports to relevant stakeholders as required
- Case review to ensure CareSmart is being used as effectively as possible
- Oversee the management of outstanding actions and breaches on CareSmart
- Weekly Breach review of cases across internal and external complaints handlers
- Support completion of Compliance reporting
- RCA for FCA and FOS overview and trend analysis
- Review and recommend update of Products in response to Complaint RCA outcomes
- To be an active member in the Complaints and Compliance department
- Champion FCA, Conduct and TCF initiatives within the Company
- Support the development of training modules related to complaints and issues
- Be a primary point of contact for TCF within the Company
- Support Audit with drafting of oversight and due diligence reports for Brokers, key suppliers and service providers
- Manage the Complaints team
- Provide support for the department for sickness, absence and holiday cover
Technical Skills Required
- Proven knowledge of FCA Handbook requirements and Complaints best practice
- Demonstrates ability to practically apply sound knowledge and application in the following key areas:
o Treating Customers Fairly
o Vulnerable Customers
o Systems and Controls
o Training and Competence
o ICOBS regulations
o Compliance for Appointed Representatives / Brokers
o Data Protection
- Keeps up to date with the latest FOS, FCA, regulatory and legislative developments and best practices and proactively shares knowledge Sound decision maker, comfortable with tight deadlines and a particular focus on controls
- Strong verbal and numeric reasoning skills
- Microsoft Office knowledge and application
Other Skills required
- Good understanding of all relevant UK rules, legislation and regulations and how these can be applied to produce a positive commercial outcome aligned with business goals and objectives
- Understanding of industry best practice in compliance - with links to external bodies and network forums
- Promote and support best practice TCF / Conduct / Compliant behaviours to be maintained throughout the business
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks - in particular the ability to support and prioritise tasks from more than one team member
- High level attention to details and commitment to quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage high volumes and lead a team to work effectively under pressure and/or through a significant change event
- Self-motivated, with a focus on achievement and delivery
- The office is based in Horsham, West Sussex with home working currently in operation. At least one day a week will need to be spent in the Head Office in Horsham.
- The role may require some travel between offices / clients and/or or working collaboratively other parts of the Group and client network.
This role will offer the successful individual a great opportunity to make their mark in the business. An Insurance background is desirable but not essential.