TDI Technologies, Inc. (TDI) is seeking candidates for a Controls Engineer in support of the Naval Surface Warfare Center, (NSWCPD) Machinery Control Systems in Philadelphia, PA.
- Support NSWCCD Code 515 in distance and onsite troubleshooting and repair of LHD 8 Class Machinery Control System (MCS) hardware and software problems identified by ships force personnel.
- Conduct VPX system benchtop protyping development, requiring programming, integrating testing, and analyzing candidate VPX boards and associated LINUX-based and Windows 10 operating systems for Machinery Control System replacement.
- Operationally test, troubleshoot and repair the LHD 8 and LHA 6 Class Machinery Control System (MCS).
- Troubleshoot and repair both Versa Module Eurocard (VME) Bus and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) equipped systems and components.
- Shipboard or industrial experience with machinery control system installation, operational testing, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Experience troubleshooting software-based machinery control systems.
- VPX-based system and hardware development experience (minimum 3 years).
- Versa Model Eurocard (VME) Bus experience.
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) experience.
- Experrience with MCS machinery plant signal interfaces.
- Experience in developing schematics, wiring diagrams, installation drawings and procedures, and troubleshooting/maintenance procedures.
- Experience in reviewing schematics to isolate shipboard issues and redlining drawings if discrepancy were found.
- Experience with Ethernet network, Profibus, RS-485/422/232, Modbus and fiber optic standards and protocols.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Experience installing, operating, and maintaining software-based U.S. Navy shipboard machinery control systems.
- Programming languages - Ada, C++, and Java
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and above
Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering discipline - Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science is required.
This position may require up to 25% travel.
Equal Opportunity Policy:
TDI Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layout, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To be considered for a position at TDI Technologies, Inc., please email your resume and cover letter to: #removed#
TDI Technologies, Inc. (TDI) is a small business that has been grounded in ethical practices and superior performance for over 25 years. TDI provides unique high-quality solutions to our government and commercial clients with a focus on incorporating advanced technologies.
TDI conducts Research & Development and provides Engineering Services, Cyber Security, and Software Engineering/Development to a variety of Department of Defense (DOD) and commercial customers.
TDI's core advantages lie in our years of experience across a wide breadth of government and commercial applications, our access to the brightest engineers in the industry, and our clear focus on providing cost-effective solutions to our clients' problems with speed and agility.
Role: Machinery Controls System Engineer
Apply for this job now.