StaffSource is seeking CNC Machinists in the Maryville, Tennesse area!
*Note that this job is second-shift in a very clean and climate-controlled facility.
- Effectively works from prints or drawings to produce a variety of items.
- Produces precision items beyond the capabilities of production machine operators.
- Follows lockout-tagout procedures when machines must be shut down for repair.
- Maintains the work area and equipment as well as follows safety-guidelines.
- Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required per the P.M. charts.
- Must be able to successfully perform the following tasks: milling, turning, drilling, taping, de-burning, bench operations, and inspection.
- Must be able to accept and receive frequent supervision and assistance with regard to machine set-up.
- Reads and interprets blueprints to plan setup and operation of all types of machine tools.
- Plans setup and operates typical machine shop tools, producing parts to tolerances and company specifications.
- Clean up sweepings of machine tool operation scrap and places in trash bin.
- Responsible for loading parts, proving tapes, operating controls, setting offsets, simple edits, and inspection of quality parts to meet requirements.
- Studies and interprets drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Detects equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machines, within capabilities, controls or control media as required to insure quality of production.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice, as determined by business needs.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Must be able to effectively operate all common machine shop equipment and hand tools.
- Must be familiar with basic machine functions.
- Necessary to have knowledge of reading and interpreting blueprints.
- Must have intermediate knowledge and application of precision measuring instruments. Including but not limited to: calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gages, indicators, and scales.
- Must have an understanding of geometric tolerance and dimensions.
- Must have knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts and other accessories used on various machines.
- Must have understanding of basic math skills.
- Must be able to follow instructions and have proper attention to detail.
Role: CNC Machinist
Apply for this job now.