COMPANY: MICHAEL PAGE HUMAN RESOURCES
JOB TYPE: Full Time, Permanent
SALARY: £48000 - £52000 per annum + 9.00 - 17.30, accesible by train line
To challenge and drive performance across the business functions through exemplary people & organisational practices. Provide People Business Partnering to leadership level.
Drive and facilitate delivery of the business area people plans by focusing on organisation effectiveness, talent management & building capabilities, working in partnership with leadership teams.
A rapidly expanding, market leading Telecoms business.
- Partner with the business to fully understand their key business performance issues, objectives and drivers, and associated people requirements for both the current and future business challenges.
- Responsible for the planning, design and evaluation of people related initiatives that support the immediate and future organisational strategic goals and being flexible enough to cope with changes in the organisation as and when they occur.
- Working closely with Senior Leaders to increase the capability within their teams, consulting with the senior leadership and Learning and Organisational Development to identify succession gaps within the business unit and address these to support the delivery of long term business objectives
- Collaboratively work with the other People BP's and the people function to develop innovative, timely and cost effective best practice solutions that can be implemented across the business as a whole..
- Provide senior leaders with MI on a monthly basis to allow for a robust review and debate on people related matters
- Be the conduit between the People Team and the business as and when required. Ensure the 'People Teams' contribution is strategically business relevant and aligned to commercial goals.
- Influence business functions to drive transformation to embrace the 'Strategic Plan'.
- Leadership of cultural change across functions
- Challenge & support leaders across functions to align behaviours/attitude to the 'Strategic Plan' and new ways of working.
- Challenge & improve people policies/processes/practices to ensure alignment with the 'Strategic Plan' and new ways of working
- Drive effective use of recognition schemes across business functions to reinforce positives.
- Work in the spirit of the company's Investors in People accreditation, contributing to best practice.
- Proactively researching and identifying best practice initiatives and delivering as appropriate
- Be a point of contact to enable a knowledgeable and swift response to all complex ER issues Inc. TUPE, Acquisitions, Redundancy and Restructure Programmes
- Accountable for the effective management of complex cases within their directorates including disciplinaries, grievances, attendance and capability and employment tribunals.
- Performance management - Champion high performance culture across directorates. Coach, influence, up-skill and encourage senior leaders to provide clear direction, and line managers to provide continuous goal clarity, feedback and development
- Management of the people aspect of restructures, ensuring redeployment and redundancy are run according to policy and best practice and completed within timescales, budget and legislation. Provide advice to Directors as appropriate.
- Ability to generate workforce planning solutions during restructures redundancies or capability cases.
- Act as the HR representative in appeals against HR related decisions that have been taken within the organisation.
- Provide coaching, training and support to management team on the handling of cases.
- Act as the people lead on change management programmes for the directorate, attending any related project meeting as the HR subject matter expert and ensuring the right tools, processes and policies are applied when implementing change.
- Up to date knowledge of employment law and best practice
- First-hand exposure of HR in a commercially oriented business
- Proven experience of working as an HR professional in a people focused organisation
- Experience of working as a project lead on change projects including TUPE transfers, consultation on redundancy and organisation change programmes
- Knowledge and experience of advising and implementing on HR related activities to deliver the employee life cycle for an organisation
- Experience of working as part of a senior management team within an organisation
- Experience of developing, implementing and supporting directorate wide People related initiatives
- Proven experience and comprehensive track record of managing employee relations cases, including TUPE, Acquisitions, Restructuring & Redundancy
- Significant HR management experience with a proven track record in developing and implementing innovative people management solutions at an operational, tactical and strategic level
An opportunity to join a growing business and a fast pace, high trust regional People team.
For the right person this role will convert to a permanent contract after the initial 3 months fixed term contract.
This company is ideally positioned for someone who prefers to travel by rail.
Role: People Business Partner - 3 month fixed term contract to perm
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Apply for this job now.