We are looking for a West Coast BDM - travel in the West Coast region is applicable. Also to corporate office in Southern, IL
Prospecting new clients by networking, cold calling, Sterling generated opportunities, trade shows, advertising, or any other means of generating interest from potential clients.
Essential Job Functions (key responsibilities of the job. Include approximate percent of time spent performing each over the course of a week).
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop and sustain a robust pipeline of relevant qualified opportunities.
· Find and explore opportunities by researching the industry and other related events such as but not limited to publications, personal networks, professional organizations and announcements both public and private.
· Create visibility of all regional & national projects with emphasis on a rolling 3-year forecast. Provide details relevant to our products and services for these projects.
· Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
· Screen and evaluate potential business deals by analyzing market and competitive strategies.
· Close new business deals by coordinating with the sales person such bid requirements related to overall project scope such as duration, volume, equipment, labor and other job site needs.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations, etc.
· Work with internal team members, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and deliver seamless customer service thereby maximizing company revenue.
· Build client relationship within your designated territory. If you have a pre-existing relationships or book of business that’s a plus.
· Grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and value propositions.
· Track and record activity on accounts within the ERP and CRM systems. Ensure subordinates are doing the same. Participate in daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly debriefing meetings.
· Enhance Sterling’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
· Must have experience creating/providing impactful world class presentations to C-level, VP, and Management level customers/clients to close business.
· Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to develop new services, products and distribution channels.
· Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
· Travel 50-75% as required based on region/territory, must have valid driver’s license clean, driving record, reliable transportation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred or industry experience equivalent.
· Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
· Must have 5-8 years’ experience minimum
· Sales planning, account penetration and account management experience is a must.
· Attention to detail and strong communication/listening skills.
OTHER SKILLS/ABILITIES REQUIRED
· Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule, the position will frequently require long hours and frequent weekend work.
· Ability to present and speak to individuals or groups.
· Desire to obtain a robust understanding of the products and services the company has available.
· Strong decision making and analytical abilities.
· Closing skills, motivation for sales, prospecting skills, selling to customer’s needs, territory management, market knowledge, high energy level, ability to meet and exceed sales goals, professionalism, strategic planning skills, is proficient with computers, CRM and Microsoft software products.
Family run for nearly 70 years, Sterling supports the construction of our nation’s energy infrastructure with turnkey site access solutions and breakthrough innovation. Based just outside of Chicago with a 60 acre campus including 500,000 sq ft of manufacturing space, Sterling was named Crain’s Chicago Business Magazine’s Fast Fifty, Chicago’s fastest growing companies in 2014 and 2015. As America’s largest CLT mat manufacturer, Sterling’ has engineered the TerraLam® mat to save customers’ time and money by being lighter, faster and longer lasting than traditional mats. Sterling also offers complete site access solutions services through Midwest Access Solutions, Sterling Access Solutions and Sterling Pipeline Solutions. Sterling is committed to developing our employees, providing best in class customer service and being responsible stewards of the environment.
Role: Business Development Manager
Location: Costa Mesa,
Apply for this job now.