Test Equipment Sustainment Engineer
Competive Salary and benefits package
My client, a leading manufacturer with aerospace and related industires, are seeking a Test Equipment Sustainment Engineer to join an expanding team at their facility in Tewkesbury. Joining an established business the successful candidate will be tasked with the sustainment and continued operation of test equipment. Supporting the Test Equipment Sustainment Manager and wider team in the upgrading of electonic, electrical and hydromechanical test rigs.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Test Equipment Engineer:
- Timely investigation and resolution of issues creating a stop on production, a quality escape and / or reduced first pass yield.
- Use of the Test Equipment Maintenance Management System (MMS) to log, track and document customer work requests, preventative maintenance activities and other sustainment activities.
- Maintain the configuration of test equipment deployed. Including the generation, update and formal release of Test Equipment Documentation during sustainment activities.
- Support procurement of sub-assemblies, services, spares and consumables to support Test Equipment on-going sustainment.
- Manage test equipment obsolescence, identifying opportunities for replacement of capital assets and co-ordination with the Test Equipment Design and Project/ NPI functions in completion of obsolescence work packages.
- Support Root Cause investigations into all aspects of the Test Equipment Systems and/ or components as required.
- Lead and also support internal and external Quality Audits on all aspects of deployed test equipment systems.
The Test Equipment Engineer should possess the following skills and/or experience:
- Bachelors Degree in an Engineering Discipline.
- Significant experience working in a similar position within the aerospace (or similar) sector.
- Experienced in the development of test equipment solutions for complex test systems.
- Experience in JIRA, Pirana, Maximo or similar software.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including Excel, Word and VISO.
The role is rewarded with a competive salary and benefits package as well as presenting an opportunity to join a thriving business at the forefront of their industry.
For more information please send your application today.