So, you’re eager to learn more about Registered Nursing opportunities within our Anaesthesia, Surgery, Critical Care and Renal division at North Bristol NHS Trust. Here are some of the reasons we’re unique…
But it’s not just our nursing teams which are impressive; our trust itself is pioneering in its approach to healthcare. Let us tell you a little more about it…
- Our ASCR division has a wide variety of exciting specialties, each with their own unique challenges and rewards. Our specialties include intensive care, renal, haemodialysis, surgical admissions, burns and plastics, vascular, general surgery and theatres.
- Our teams are specialists in their fields; as a Major Trauma Centre for the South West England, we care for patients from across the region and are a regional specialist centre for major trauma, burns, vascular and renal care.
- Our ASCR Education and Wellbeing teams provide tailored support and guidance for our multidisciplinary teams; from journal club to careers and wellbeing cafes, we are passionate about supporting staff seeking professional and personal development.
- We are proud to have received many nominations for Team of the Year at the Director of Nursing Awards 2019, including nominations for our ASCR Matron Team and our ASCR Clinical Governance Team who went on to win the award.
- Our teams are always evolving: check out #AwesomeASCR on Twitter to see even more reasons why we are unique!
Right, that’s enough about us… let’s focus on you. Are you…
- Our health and well-being initiatives, devised by our dedicated staff wellbeing team, encompass lifestyle support, physical support and psychological support, and have been nationally recognised by REBA
- We value staff feedback; in the results of our 2019 staff survey, our response rate was higher than the national average and highlighted we had improved in all the areas staff told us were priorities in 2018. Out of the 90 questions asked, we had made 73 improvements from the previous year with 69% of staff would recommend our organisation as a place to work (6% better than the national average)
- Our staff don’t shy away from a challenge in aid of Southmead Hospital Charity. They cycle, run, row and race in aid of a fantastic cause, or sing in our staff choir and compete in ‘Southmead Does Strictly’.
- We’re committed to supporting staff on their career journey with us offering personalised training packages and bespoke specialty rotations.
- Staff are consulted on equity issues across the trust within their staff equality and development groups, with mentoring and support to succeed. Our trust is supporting the development of Bristol’s LGBT+ manifesto and a case study of good practice has been reported to NHS England in response to a government review of public services and Trans people
- Our clinical environment is award-winning in its approach to healthcare design; each patient room has a view, many of which are naturally ventilated and 75% of rooms in our Brunel Building are single and en-suite. With nurses in mind, our clinical spine carefully separates staff and patient areas, with a generous staff canteen extending out to a rooftop terrace.
- Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and it has a rich history. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (e.g. Portishead, Chepstow)
So, are we right for each other? Here are your next steps…
- An experienced registered nurse working in the hospital setting, eager for your next career move?
- A newly qualified nurse ready to take the leap from theory to the clinical setting, supported by a structure preceptorship and inspirational team?
- Submit your application via this advert
- Book a place at our engagement events to tour Southmead Hospital, meet the teams you could be working with, and understand the trust’s approach to patient care.
- Follow us on social media to join in the conversation and gain an insight into life at North Bristol NHS Trust (search [... Click Apply...]BTNursing on Twitter , Facebook , Linkedin and Instagram )
If you apply for this vacancy and have not received a communication from this Trust within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Please note that this Trust does not reimburse travel expenses relating