Job Type: Apprenticeship, FullTime
Salary: £33,600 - £39,600 per annum, Inc benefits, OTE
A great opportunity has arisen for a motivated maintenance engineer to join a world class manufacturing site, supplying to various industries including Aerospace & Oil & Gas
- Carry out both re-active and pro-active maintenance tasks, working across all departments.
- You will be required and able to diagnose problems/plant faults constructively and accurately.
- Take part in the development, creation and implementation of PPM schedules to achieve maximum machine availability.
- Record daily activities and creation of work orders within a CMMS, as well as using the system to assist with any fault diagnosis.
- Attend and contribute towards daily and weekly planned maintenance meetings/plant priority reviews.
- Identify/specify and order engineering parts.
- Contribute towards the control and improvement of critical spares requirements.
- Ensure that all parts required are booked out correctly and recorded as necessary.
- Work with specialist OEM service engineers where required.
- Facilitate lean ways of working to minimise waste and maximise efficiency, ensuring departmental objectives are achieved.
- To participate in training and upskilling activities to help maintain and improve your site and technical knowledge.
- Undertake any other tasks, which are reasonable in relation to the skills, knowledge and experience.
- Able to perform safety & quality risk assessments for engineering work tasks.
- Adhere to safe work practices and procedures, as well as maintaining environmental and legislative requirements.
Beneficial Skills / Qualifications:
- A relevant vocational qualification e.g., NVQ, ONC, HNC, HND, C&G or an appropriate apprenticeship.
- Some electrical experience/qualification or the willingness to undertake electrical cross skilling training.
- IOSH qualified.
- Experience within a medium to heavy manufacturing environment, although applicants from other industries would also be considered.
- Good fault finding and problem-solving skills essential – mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical systems.
- Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical engineering drawings.
- PC literate.
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as an individual and as part of a team.
- Ability to direct and influence others without having line management accountability.
- Plus £500 per month once fully signed off
- Monday – Friday, 8 -4 would be the standard hours.
- Discretionary quarterly bonus
- 33 days holiday (including bank hols)
- 7% matched in pension
- Annual earnings – circa £42k