COMPANY: SOFTWARE ENGINEERING INSTITUTE
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
What We Do:
CERT works with government customers to help them protect and defend their networks. We pioneer innovative ways to monitor and safeguard networks and systems, develop strategic ways of identifying and investigating network anomalies. We spend time observing real-world security operations teams, and help them improve how they do their jobs. Our work ranges in scope from the close-up investigation and examination of security data, to the assessment of large, enterprise-wide networks, systems, and missions.Position Summary:
The candidate selected for this position will be an experienced Cyber Security Engineer who will have worked or have knowledge of the cyber security domains. As Security Engineer, you will lead and/or participate on teams responsible for:
- Providing strategic policy and technical support to senior decision makers.
- Leading teams in the development of enterprise security architectures, systems, capabilities and network operations.
- Providing system security engineering, requirements development, and technology evaluation.
- Providing security tools/solutions/capability integration, interoperability and deployment/implementation guidance.
- Participating in technical efforts, including development and of new analysis techniques, tools, and platforms, preparation of analytic reports, and contributions to research publications.
- Becoming a respected cyber security domain expert by customers, government, other FFRDC's and contractors.
- Advancing the state of art of cybersecurity systems, networks and enterprise environments.
- Research and develop viable technical solutions for operational use in high-impact environments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BS with eight (8) years or MS with five (5) years or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Your concentration of study should be in computer science, or a related quantitative field of study in network operations, security operations, or network and systems security research.
- Experience in software engineering, mathematics is plus but not a requirement.
- Willingness to travel to various locations to support the SEI's overall mission. This includes within the SEI and CMU community, sponsor sites, conferences, and offsite meetings on occasion. Moderate Travel (20%)
- You will be subject to a background check and will need to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance.
Job Function Breakdown:
- Practical network security training (e.g. SANS GIAC Level 2 courses, GIAC Certifications, CCNP, CCIE Security, CISSP, CEH, CISM).
- Experience working with the government, or within a critical infrastructure sector.
- Developing briefing materials for senior leadership within government or industry.
- Deploying or supporting large-scale network security monitoring infrastructures.
- Knowledge of Military Space and ground systems
60% Participate as a leader or member of dynamic technical teams at or near a customer's site a site in support of government acquisition programs in Cyber Security engineering to determine systems threat and risks.
30% Reach back to Cyber Experts in the SEI Pittsburgh and Washington DC Offices to perform detailed secure code analyses in support of local Air Force Space and Missile Center customer .
10% Design, prototype, and transition tactical analysis studies and tools appropriate for operational use in situational awareness.
100% total effortMore Information
Please visit " Why Carnegie Mellon " to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: #removed#/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/ .Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
#seijob - provided by Dice