Note: Only pharmacy technicians certified by the Commonwealth of Virginia will be considered for this position.
Are you looking for a position that offers work/life balance? At South River our pharmacy techs work 9-5:30, M-F, no nights, weekends or holidays.
Each pharmacy technician will support pharmacological services by working in the compounding lab and personally completing or assisting in all related pharmacy technician duties. Under the supervision of the Pharmacist, each pharmacy technician will assist in managing the flow of day to day pharmacy operations.
Responsibilities: Performing and/or assisting other pharmacy staff with the following tasks
- Participate in organizing the compounding laboratory and developing processes to expedite the flow of compounded prescriptions through the lab
- Supports the pharmacists in complex batch preparations according to a predetermined formula
- Supports in purchasing of pharmaceuticals and suppliers
- Processes medication orders or prescriptions
- Fills bottles with prescribed tablets and capsules and types labels for bottles
- Assists pharmacist in preparing and dispensing medication
- Gathers patient specific data for prescription and billing processing including but not limited to third party payers, delivery preferences, allergies, etc.
- Operates and uses appropriate techniques within systems for storage, preparation and dispensing of medicinal agents
- Follows the healthcare centers policies regarding medication preparation, labeling, and controlled substances reconciliation
- Helps maintain orderly, clean environment in the Pharmacy, including cleanliness of pharmacy stock and supplies
- Receives and stores incoming supplies; counts stock and enters date in computer to maintain inventory records
- Cleans equipment and sterilizes glassware according to prescribed methods
- Enters patient data into pharmacy computer system
- Checks expiration dates at least monthly for all chemicals, supplies, compounded preparations as well as commercial preparations
- Quarantines expired products and processes returns/destruction of such products
- Maintain and promote a positive work atmosphere with the pharmacy staff
- To insure compliance with all federal, state and local laws pertaining to the pharmacy department
- Running daily, weekly, and monthly pharmacy department reports
- End of year inventory of the pharmacy department
- Insure all equipment is calibrated and maintained in top working order
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years licesedpharmacy technician experience with compounding experience highly desired
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical products, services and drug interactions
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Must be licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Registered Pharmacy Technician
South River Compounding Pharmacy has been chosen by Central Virginia residents, to be their preferred provider of customized medications for over 17 years. Our compassionate experienced staff, paired with state of the art facilities and national ACHC accreditation, make us the true specialists in BHRT, Pain Management, Upper & Lower Respiratory, and Topical Anti-Infective medications. In addition we offer our patients the highest quality, pharmaceutical grade nutritional supplements available. With 2 locations in the Richmond area, we optimize health outcomes for people that are serious about their health.
Role: Lab Technician
Apply for this job now.