If you want to belong to a team of professionals who Reach for the highest level of quality and performance through ongoing training, mentorship, continuing education, state of the art facilities and equipment, then make THIS your new home!
Reach Healthcare Services is a home health agency that provides a large range of services to an extremely diverse patient group. Our organization was developed in response to patients who needed assistance with health care and personal needs and wished to remain in an independent living environment. We are locally owned by RN’s and have been serving the Houston area for over 30 years.
We are seeking a full-time field Case Manager Registered Nurse (RN) based out of the Southeast region of Houston. The RN taking on this role will plan, organize, and direct home care services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse that will succeed in this role will build from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individual and families within their homes and communities. Our office is located at 610 and Bellaire. Office hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Able to meet needs of department population, i.e. Pediatric skilled visits, Adult Private Duty, Caregiver, Medicare and Managed care patients.
- Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Develops a care plan, which establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.
- Identifies discharge-planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
- Prepares clinical notes and updates the Director of Clinical Services weekly.
- Communicates with office staff regarding the patient’s needs and reports changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physicians orders as required.
- Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One year of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting or two years of recent home health care experience.
- Current licensure in State, CPR certification, and valid driver’s license.
- Excellent observation, verbal, and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
This position is eligible for benefits. Benefits include medical, vision, dental insurance, 401(k) plan and company retirement contribution to 401(k) plan, life insurance, long-term disability, and the Employee Medical Expense Assistance Program in which the company helps employees with paying a portion of the medical expenses.
Role: Case Manager Registered Nurse (RN), SE Houston Based
Apply for this job now.