COMPANY: THE MCINTYRE GROUP
JOB TYPE: Contract, FullTime
The .Net Developer designs, develops, and influences components for next generation of software. This role is a hands-on development role with the responsibility to lead the work of others. This is an opportunity for an established software engineer to further develop technical expertise
- Participate through the software development lifecycle.
- Participates in Agile sprint planning sessions, working closely with Product Owners and team members to analyze requirements, and provides design recommendations to solve for complex business problems
- Designs and develops new software or makes modifications to existing complex software applications in accordance with written specifications.
- Ensure all software is developed using disciplined processes, adhering to industry standards and best practices, including complete ease with Agile development methods throughout the SDLC.
- Work with business owners to demonstrates software to all stakeholders and drive business value
- Shares knowledge with other team members within area of expertise.
- Takes part in reviews of work, (e.g. design and code reviews).
- Works with technical staff to analyze and understand problems with complex software systems and resolve them.
- Update designs to utilize a service oriented architecture; focus on implementation of microservices and modern technologies.
- Participate in the improvement of existing code base to implement new features and technologies
- Partner with Quality Assurance team to document testing criteria, results, and refine features as necessary.
Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field. Master's degree in a related field preferred. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged.
Fives years experience of progressive responsibility in a Software Engineering environment with demonstrated technical knowledge that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities require.
- Extensive experience on the .Net platform including C# and SQL
- Experience with Solarc Right Angle would be huge plus
- Experience with commodities and/or financial trading business would be a plus
- Expertise with Source code control systems and multiple simultaneous version/release.
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development.
- Strong knowledge of C#, .Net framework, Asp.Net, and MVC.
- Strong knowledge of OOAD and multi-tier architectures, including MVC/MVP/MVVM design patterns.
- Strong knowledge of web services, WCF, REST, and SOA Architecture.
- Expertise with tools such as MS SQL Studio, PL/SQL Developer / Toad etc.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player who is flexible, delivery-oriented, and takes responsibility for the team's success.
- Enthusiastic attitude with the drive to continually learn and improve.
- provided by Dice