Bi-lingual Board Executive Assistant (Japanese/English)
Fantastic Board level Executive Assistant position available for a truly bi-lingual candidate who is completely fluent both in Japanese and English, can communicate verbally and in writing confidently and is able to translate business documents to a high level.
This role will be to support key Board Execs, to be flexible to initially assist the Chairman, the CEO, CFO and others when required, the role will eventually be more dedicated to 2 as things get back to normality. Generally these Execs travel extensively and can therefore be out of the country 50% of the time.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Interpret meetings at senior executive level, including but not limited to Board meetings as well as the translation of documents between English and Japanese. This is the most crucial requirement for this role. Meetings could be via video conference with multiple connections with different time-zone.
- Be a cultural bridge between expatriate team from Japan as well as colleagues where appropriate.
- Liaising with Tokyo team for Board matters, ensuring appropriate processes are in place and are conducted in alignment with shareholders agreement.
- Committee and meeting schedule planning; including minute taking, agenda creation, documentation production and distribution, printing of documentation, filing of documentation and ensuring there is management of document/minute storage
- Diary and inbox management – review correspondence received, respond accordingly, action accordingly and ensure matters are given the appropriate attention
- Discretion is hugely important – you will be privy to highly confidential information and need to ensure that this is kept sensitive in its nature. Confidentiality is therefore essential and ensuring that documentation/email correspondence is kept so is vital
- Domestic and international travel and accommodation bookings arrangement with complete itinerary planning
- Maintain strong communication and working relationships across the business.
- Document preparation; comfortable using Microsoft Office, Viso and other applications where appropriate. There will be documentation to prepare monthly, as well as ad doc meeting documentation
- Liaise with key clients on behalf of the Executive you support to, greeting guests in the office environment
Requirements of the role:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – ability to communicate with a wide range of people in diverse environments, at all levels.
- Professional level of verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to build knowledge of the business quickly and effectively
- Ability to maintain high accuracy and work quality standards
- Professional and confident communicator; face to face, over the phone and in writing
- The ability to work flexibly as an individual and have a positive “can do” attitude
- The ability to interpret simultaneously between Japanese and English
- Understand business culture both in the UK and Japan
- Strong financial knowledge is ideal but not essential
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan and manage workload, whilst still being able to adjust to constantly changing work priorities
- Maintain confidentiality of information, written or spoken
- At least 5 years’ experience of interpreting and translation within business environment
- Similar experience as a PA/EA, working within a fast-paced environment is essential. Ideally over 5 years’ experience in this field
- Strong IT Skills, particularly with Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint and Word