Senior Management Accountant
Stafford (Hybrid Working)
Fixed term contract for up to 12 months
37 hours per week
There’s never been a better time to join our award-winning business!
Housing Plus Group is one of the largest affordable housing providers in the area. We are a leading provider of quality, affordable homes, an investor in communities across Staffordshire and Shropshire and a dependable supplier of services that customers can trust.
With more than 800 colleagues we’re already one of the area’s biggest employers and we’re growing. We aim to create 100 apprenticeships in our own Group and our supply chain within five years, providing real job opportunities and fantastic career development.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Management Accountant to join the members of our in-house Finance team. You will prepare, develop and analyse financial information for Housing Plus Groups management team to use when making well informed decisions which will help to secure future stability and growth. Also to provide a high quality support service by liaising with management colleagues on all aspects of finance
As part of our Finance team, we want you to have:
- Qualified CCAB accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or actively working towards CCAB qualification with relevant work experience
- Experience and understanding of social housing and construction sector.
- Working knowledge of maintaining, updating and recording transactions for assets, and asset development projects.
- Understanding of UK GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards reporting and consolidation accounting.
- Experience of a deadline driven environment.
- Experience of producing full monthly management accounts, I&E and Balance Sheet including consolidation, budgeting, forecasting and group reporting in a non for profit environment
- Computer skills: general IT skills and excellent working knowledge of Excel (including pivot tables, lookups etc).
This role will be subject to a standard DBS check
As a leading local employer, we offer:
- A competitive salary of £36,000 per annum
- The option to join our contributory pension scheme
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing with each year of service + bank holidays
- Career progression within a sector-leading business
- A comprehensive induction programme and excellent learning opportunities; with mandatory and specialist training available.
We also offer a benefits package, that includes:
- Access to a dedicated employee support service, offering a range of mental health, physical care and financial wellbeing support services.
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- Long service and retirement awards
Please ensure you have included a CV and covering letter with your application
Please note, we may close this vacancy early if we receive a high volume of applications. Don’t delay - apply today to avoid disappointment.
Interviews will take place throughout the advert over on Microsoft Teams
Find out why now is a great time to join us as one of the areas leading employers.
We are always happy to talk about flexible working opportunities. Our CLARITY values are a fundamental part of our culture; underpinning everything that we do and all that we are. We’re looking for dedicated people to join our HPG family, who will take the values beyond words and live them every day to ensure our customers receive outstanding services and support.