QA – Calibration Specialist
The person in this position is responsible for the quality and safety of the products. The QA - Calibration Specialist is responsible for verification of equipment and sending equipment for external calibration, as well as personnel in their area for compliance in GMP’s. This position is responsible for providing constant training to factory personnel and interacts with the departments of Production, Sanitation, Maintenance, and Warehousing. This position is responsible for collecting certificates of calibration, calibration verification records, sanitizer checks, tool box audits and environmental temperature monitoring. This position also provides relief to Factory QA’s as necessary. This position reports to the Quality Assurance Lead.
2. People Development
5. Technical Skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but are not limited to:
- Follows all the company policies set in our Employee Handbook.
- Follows all safety instructions and performs job function in adherence to safety instructions and rules.
- Does not perform any job, duty, or function employee has not been trained for.
- Must have the functional literacy and oral communication skills in English for safety and following job specific instructions.
- Has the ability to function under highly stressful conditions and interact cordially with co-workers to accomplish common tasks.
- Conducts appropriate analytical testing of materials, work in progress (WIP), finished goods (FG), and equipment to assure compliance with product quality standards as required by GMP, HACCP, and standard specifications.
- Practices proper chemical, physical, microbiological sampling, and sensory testing procedures.
- Inspects incoming goods to meet quality standards defined by ingredient specifications.
- Collects and organizes retained, shelf-life, and microbiological test samples per production.
- Reviews and organize processing documentation to assure products are within respective standard specification, and report any deviations to the Quality Assurance Supervisor, while placing the products on Hold.
- Enforces and comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), safety guidelines, and quality assurance and food safety programs
- Carries out routine audits throughout the facility, document the findings and corrective actions, and issue maintenance/safety tags where needed.
- Informs the Quality Assurance team of significant issues or developments identified during regular work.
- Participates in Quality Assurance training and validation as defined by management.
- Represents the department in continuous improvement teams and other cross-functional departments.
- At direction of senior management assist in other technical duties necessary to develop new product or modify existing products or systems.
- Uses proper documentation and generates accurate records according to process control and QA programs. Review records after end of shift/day.
- Represents the department in continuous improvement teams and other cross-functional teams.
- Monitors and reports manufacturing and materials deviations from product and materials standards.
- Evaluates line operations to assure compliance with GMP’s and report deviations to operations and QA Management.
- Keeps Quality Assurance Team informed of significant issues or developments identified during daily activities and actions taken to improve the situation.
- Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A proven track record showing the ability to prioritize, seek process improvements, recommend and follow through positive changes resulting in goal achievement, be proactive and manage time effectively.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for oversight of their areas of responsibility of the plant’s Food Safety & Quality Management Systems. This position provides oversight and guidance to staff members to ensure the manufacturing of quality food and is responsible for identifying product that does not meet the food safety and quality requirements of the company, and preventing its distribution.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The Associate should have a high school diploma and/or:
ü Minimum two years’ related experience and/or training;
ü Equivalent combination of education or experience, evaluated by senior management.
Preferably the QA associate should have experience working on industry regulated by FDA and/or USDA.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with ability to communicate in English are required. Command of Spanish language is a plus but not required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, manuals and guides.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or internal and external complaints.
- Ability to effectively present information to management and manufacturing employees.
Ability to perform unit measures, conversion calculations and other mathematical calculations reasonably necessary to satisfactorily perform job duties. Basic math skills including fractions, percentage, and proportions. Basic statistics: understands the concepts of mean, standard deviation, range, accuracy, and precision
The associate should have the ability to properly manage workflow according with requirements and priorities using time management. In addition, the associate is required to individually evaluate materials, product and process deviation. Sound character, good judgment, accuracy and attention to details are key to successful performance in this position.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently as well as in a team is required. Exhibit a high degree of professionalism and ethics at all times.
Associates should be able to lift up to 50 lbs using proper lifting technique, as well as standing and walk for long period of times in order to accomplish daily tasks.
The associate works in a variety of environments due to the variety of process within the company. In certain areas the associate must use the hearing protective devices and personal protective equipment. The associate will be required to work in an environment in which temperature ranges from sub-0° to 85° for prolonged amounts of time, as needed.
POTENTIAL MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The Quality Assurance function is demanding and requires high levels of concentration and the ability of handle multiple tasks according with company procedures.
An amazing International Food Manufacturing Company that is a great place to work. Pro-Employee with group benefits, vacation time, company paid holidays, overtime eligibility., and room to grow.
Role: QA – Calibration Specialist
Apply for this job now.