Break out of the confinement of the traditional job with 4 walls!
Diversify your resume while building your leadership skills!
Our company is looking for energetic individuals who are able to motivate, coordinate, and communicate! Our Merchandising Supervisor position is a rewarding opportunity and has A LOT to offer someone who enjoys learning new things and meeting new people!
Our Merchandising Supervisors …
- Work outside in different locations with different people every day!
- Are compensated for travel between locations!
- Need limited management experience!
- Receive onsite training paid at full rate of pay!
- Are paid weekly at competitive hourly rates!
- Lead teams of Merchandisers to make the most of garden center displays!
- Help our customers successfully merchandise and sell garden center items!
Sound good? This could be YOUR job!
We have a limited number of positions available. You must apply to be considered.
We look forward to speaking with you and possibly having you join our team!
Read on to learn more about us and our Merchandising Supervisor position …
Dan Schantz Farm & Greenhouses (DSFG) supplies select large retailers with a variety of annual live plants across the Northeast portion of the United States. In Pennsylvania, DSFG offers our customers a service program to train and assist their store associates with the care, maintenance, and general merchandising of all subclasses of their live plants from multiple suppliers. Merchandising is a core competency in every position of our service program. Merchandising Supervisors are expected to perform and teach the highest standard of merchandising live plants in every location they oversee, while accomplishing reports, inventory audits, and other high level tasks as they are dictated by the company. Merchandising Supervisors will be employed by and represent DSFG in customer retail locations. Supervisors do not sell anything and are paid an hourly rate.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the daily operations in your assigned area
- Assist with hiring and training of all merchandisers in your assigned area
- Manage, train, and oversee all seasonal merchandisers in your assigned area
- Communicate all directives to assigned merchandisers daily
- Ensure all directives are executed properly
- Communicate daily with DSFG Regional Manager
- Communicate any store compliance issues with DSFG Regional Manager
- Assist stores and merchandisers with understanding and following their garden center layouts, best watering and merchandising practices
- Meet all DSFG requirements to travel
- Travel to all stores in assigned area at least once per week-no more than 2 per day unless directed by Regional Manager
- Merchandise stores that require additional hours than budgeted, where there are labor deficiencies, to train through example, or when any business need dictates
- Ability to maintain a flexible hourly work schedule as seasonal labor demands change, including some mandatory holidays, and weekends
- Complete additional tasks as directed by DSFG
- Current, valid drivers' license and reliable transportation
- Smartphone with daily access to internet/email
- Experience in retail and/or live goods merchandising a plus, but will train
- Basic knowledge of annuals, perennials and shrubs a plus, but not required
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well independently
- Ability to lift 30+ lbs. possibly several times per day
- Must be able to spend majority of working hours on your feet
- Must be able to lift, move, carry-pots and/or trays of flowers and hanging baskets weighing up to 30 lbs. each
- Must be able to push, pull rolling shipping carts
- Will spend majority of work hours in a retail store garden center (these will be outdoor structures) in varying weather conditions
The physical demands listed here must be met by the employee in order to perform the functions of the Merchandising Supervisor position. The employee is frequently required to stoop, stand, bend, crouch, balance and use hands. Employee must also be able to push, carry and pull product on racks, with the ability to lift and/or move 30+ lbs.