Company: THE FITNESS SUPERSTORE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Founded in 1994, Fitness Superstore is a successful retail and distribution business selling through 11 stores, telephone and website – with an annual turnover of over £ ; Fitness Superstore is a destination store business where customers travel to see and try a huge range of fitness equipment in impressive showrooms, which are the largest in the ; As an industry leading specialist, and the UK’s No.
1 Fitness and Gym Equipment Supplier pride themselves on providing an outstanding customer service experience to every customer.
Due to continued success and growth, an exciting opportunity exists with the UK’s leading fitness and strength training equipment specialists, who are looking to recruit an Assistant Installer (with possible progression to Lead Installer after successful completion of probationary period and assessment).The Role
- Installation, delivery and service of fitness and gym equipment such as:
- Cycles etc.
- Sharing the driving to customer’s houses or commercial businesses throughout the UK;
- Providing user instructions to customers;
- Cleaning up after the job is complete;
- Based from our 180,000 sq.
Northampton Distribution Centre, this position involves a 05:00 start each Monday to Friday;
- The targeted (but not guaranteed) return to base time each day is between 14:00 and 15:00 followed by 30 minutes for loading and preparing the van for the next day’s jobs.
- Must be physically fit and healthy as customers often require their new equipment installed above or below ground floor level and consequently heavy lifting is a requirement of the role.
- Will need to be in possession of a full and clean UK driving licence.
- Be of smart and clean appearance as they will be interacting with customers at every installation.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years driving experience for insurance purposes.
- Prior to appointment, a DVLA driving licence check will be carried out as well as a DBS check as the role requires the successful candidate to work within our customers properties.
- Previous experience would be advantageous though full training will be provided for the successful candidate.
- Will have exceptional communication skills.
- Will have a passion for customer service.
- Will be a self-starting multitasker who easily adapts to rapid change.
- Must be committed to preserving client and business confidentiality.
- Will be quality oriented.
- Will be driven to achieve.
- Is able to work under pressure.
The weekly wage is as follows:Assistant Installer position £ for 45hrs per ; If/when full Lead Installer level is achieved this will increase.
Regular overtime is available giving the potential to earn significantly more.
Overtime is paid at a rate of £ per hour Monday - Friday.
Saturday overtime work is also made available to the teams on a regular basis and is paid at £ per hour.
- An annual good attendance bonus is available (paid at the end of January), equivalent to 1 week’s basic pay.
- A fully paid 30 minutes lunch break is included in the hours above.
- A staff discount scheme is currently in operation.
On some occasions the installation teams may receive tips from customers which they are free to keep.