Our client is a transport and logistics company offering transport services globally by road, air, sea and train, and they are currently looking for an Import / Export Operations Manager to join their team in Purfleet, Essex. You will be responsible for managing the Benelux Import / Export team.
As an Import / Export Operations Manager, you will have good financial awareness, be organised and punctual. You will have good knowledge of the road freight industry and prior experience in setting up a full load operation, as well as sourcing hauliers.
The successful Import / Export Operations Manager will receive a salary depending on skills and experience.
Duties of the Import / Export Operations Manager:
- Achieve agreed operational targets in line with budgetary constraints.
- Assess results to ensure financial care, cost awareness and budgetary targets are achieved.
- Ensure appropriate resources are employed in order to achieve business objectives within agreed financial parameters.
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements.
- Implement company policy and procedures by ensuring staff have the necessary qualifications and expertise to carry out their roles.
- Maintain relationships with suppliers, both internal / external.
- Promote and maintain relationship with internal / external Partners, suppliers and clients.
- Evaluate daily performance of operational functions and ensure they are carried out in accordance with the company policy.
- Ensure a high standard of quality and best use of resources.
- Review and appraise results to ensure accuracy of work.
- Select, train, motivate, appraise to develop and manage personnel to achieve total customer focus.
- Identify, fulfil and review training and development needs of all subordinates.
- Effectively manage resources through assessment of workloads and delegation of tasks.
- Support and assist all group companies as and when requested.
- Ensure problems and or difficulties which arise are dealt with promptly and in a professional and business-like manner.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high job quality and profit making.
- Ability to add extra quality to their already highly skilled team, and be able come up with alternative solutions to challenges and problems, whilst at the same time work under pressure.
If you've got what it takes to be a successful Import / Export Operations Manager, click apply immediately. Jobs are being filled very quickly at the moment!
As recruiters specialising in freight and shipping, Red Recruit have vacancies at all levels within the industry, so please do get in touch to tell us what youre looking for and well do our best to assist.