Avon Oaks Country Club seeks a Business Manager/Accountant to help manage all financial operations of the Club. This is a great opportunity for a candidate that is looking to make a difference and execute the vision for a Club that is on the move. Not only would you be involved with the day-to-day financial responsibilities, but you would provide leadership and financial guidance for the Club.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Supervise a staff of three to five
· Financial Related Duties:
· Preparation of monthly close process - preparation of financial statements including journal entries, research and resolving any discrepancies.
· Maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedules & the general ledger.
· Oversee daily cash management and cash flow reporting.
· Draw/Pay down and monitor line of credit
· Reviewing of accounts payable & accounts receivable postings.
· Review payroll prior to submission, create payroll journal entries
· Preparation of sales tax returns
· Related communication and billing with food beverage and tennis outsourcer
· Maintain various account reconciliations.
· Prepare audit schedules and reports related to the financial audit; Assist auditors on-site by providing documentation as needs arise.
· Contact negotiations – utilities, benefits, etc.
· Forecasting Duties:
· Prepare budget and rolling forecast with assistance of department managers;
· Recap monthly Budget variance analysis and forecasts.
· Coordinate Human Resource Duties:
· Maintain employee personnel files and employee handbook
· Manage employee benefits, unemployment, workers compensation claims
· Track vacation and PTO time
· Plan, direct and coordinate regulatory reports required by law
· Club accounting and Jonas software background a definite plus
· Knowledge of Microsoft office programs
· Must be able to focus on details, prioritize, meet deadlines and assume initiative.
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, be well-organized, and possess a professional demeanor.
· Must be a hands on type individual
· At least 5 years full charge accounting experience a must.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred, but not required.
For confidential consideration, send us your resume with salary requirements
Role: Accountant/Business Manager
Apply for this job now.