Job Title: Community Safety Co-ordinator
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per year
Job type: Permanent - Full Time.
We are a housing association with homes across South-West Hertfordshire. We aim to make a real difference by delivering better homes and supporting our communities, because we know that good homes give people the chance to lead more fulfilling lives.
We own and manage more than 6,800 homes and associated assets in South-West Hertfordshire. Our business is evolving rapidly as we find new ways to deliver great homes, improved services and much-needed new homes. We also have a one-star accreditation from Best Companies, putting us in the top 25 housing associations to work for.
We have exciting plans for the future - and you could help us to achieve our goals.
Do you want to make a difference? An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Housing team for a Community Safety Coordinator. We are looking for someone with great relationship building skills, as well as attention to detail, to help us build strong communities.
The role is vital to supporting our corporate objective and customer promise around community safety and ensuring we are building safe communities for our residents. It is a real opportunity to make a difference to our customers and the areas they live.
Due to the nature of the role, you will need to have a full driving licence and access to a car with business insurance.
The successful person will be responsible for providing data and analysis around anti-social behaviour and safeguarding and looking at ways we can reduce anti-social behaviour in our local communities through a targeted approach. The candidate will analyse data and produce performance reports for anti-social behaviour and safeguarding. They will also act as the primary safeguarding lead, ensuring cases are logged and leading on supporting the team with their live safeguarding cases. They will also be responsible for monitoring the quality of our anti-social behaviour response, including monthly audits of ASB and safeguarding cases.
Partnership working is a key part of this role, and the successful person will be responsible for facilitating partnership work across Community Safety Partnerships, including chairing our community protection group - resulting in better outcomes for our residents.
Please find attached the job description detailing the key accountabilities and the essential/desirable knowledge, skills, abilities and experience for this role.
What are we looking for?
- Excellent skills in data analysis.
- Excellent skills in working with and facilitating relationships with partner agencies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Good IT skills with the ability to use Housing Management software.
- Ability to input data into systems accurately and report on data.
- Ability to work in isolation away from colleagues.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and external agencies.
- Experience of Partnership working.
- Experience of managing safeguarding and anti-social behaviour.
- Knowledge of relevant Housing legislation.
- Have knowledge of anti-social behaviour legislation.
- Experience of data analysis and reporting.
- Positive outlook.
- Have a forward-thinking approach, looking at ways to improve the service.
- Good level of general education or relevant experience.
- CIH recognised qualification.
What can we offer you?
We know that people are our most valuable assets, so we offer a range of benefits including 28 days' annual leave pro rata, an employer pension contribution of up to 11%, development opportunities and access to a comprehensive employee rewards scheme.
If this sounds like your next role, click 'apply now', tell us why you've got what it takes and send us a copy of your current CV.
The closing date is 31st July 2022, (but please note we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we receive a large response).Interviews will take place in the week commencing 1st August 2022.
Candidates with experience of; Community Safety Officer, Education Safety Officer, Community Support Safety Officer, Community Safety Programme Officer, Enforcement Officer, Community Safety Team Leader, Community Support Officer, Community Support Team Leader, Customer Service may also be considered for this role.