Robert Half are working exclusively with a top tier asset manager based in the city of London.
Our client is specifically looking for someone to join the operations team who has experience in investment reporting and reconciliation.
The role -
Sits within the investment operations team. This team will make sure the investment reporting and performance is produced in a timely manner.
In performing the daily reconciliation of custody assets and the accounting NAV the analysts can flag any potential issues or concerns.
Daily duties -
- Prepare and check the daily review of the custodian's daily accounting, custody delivery, completing any applicable investigation.
- Prepare and check month-end reviews of custodian's portfolio. Reconciliations between external managers and the custodian.
- Prepare and review internal reporting to Investment Team and wider audiences, which includes:
- Weekly Total Asset Report
- Assist ALM in sourcing performance data at asset/fund and portfolio level & calculating the internally managed performance
- Oversight of the Equity Release Mortgage book
- Produce weekly Currency Exposure analysis and provide trade recommendations
- Weekly FX P/L reports
- Investment Tables
- Running in-house pricing models for fixed income assets that can't be priced directly from Bloomberg i.e. non-benchmark credit.
- Manually calculate pricing updates for Alternative Assets (hedge funds, insurance linked funds and private equity) using performance data from mangers.
- Assist with cash management processes:
- Process and review monthly payroll payments.
- Producing and checking for accuracy liquidity analysis.
- Process Liquidity Fund instructions.
- Assist with transactions support and settlement processes:
- Instructing trade settlements to Custodians.
- Monitoring settlement process.
- Assist in New Business processes:
- Prepare pre-deal KYC & AML packs.
- Monitor and track the receipt of premium from new business deals.
Person specification -
- Strong operational experience with at least five years' valuations or investment accounting related experience.
- Advanced Excel skills, preferably VBA.
- Be self-motivated with a desire to develop professionally whilst continuously improving personal and team performance.
- Ability to learn. Develop the operational, technical knowledge and skills to perform the role successfully on an on-going basis within a dynamic work environment.
- Strong organisation skills and time management. Be able to effectively plan and manager work flows (personally and for the team) for required goals to be achieved.
- Work to a high level of accuracy and ensure all tasks (when preparing or reviewing) are completed to a high level of accuracy.
- Objectively be able to view processes and procedures and identify what is fit for purpose and areas that could be improved.
- Have the ability to show strong foresight (i.e. Spotting potential problems before they happen) with operational processes (specifically new processes) and ensure all actions are well thought out before they are taken
- Take responsibility for actions and the actions of the team showing understanding of any knock-on-effect elsewhere in the business
- Solid product knowledge (Bonds, Hedge Funds, ERM and Basic Derivatives).
- Demonstrates proficiency in written and oral communication skills.
- Displays integrity, professionalism & enterprise.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: #
Role: Investment Reporting Analyst
Job Type: Permanent
Location: South West London, London, London
Apply for this job now.