This is a young, lively office and a company which is growing fast - looking to recruit an experienced and 'hands on' Supply Chain Manager with highly proactive, and continuous improvement mindset. This is an exciting opportunity to implement systems and process for one of the UK's leading specialist equipment/clothing manufacturers based in Yorkshire.
Supply Chain Manager - The Job Outline
- Analyse sourcing/supply chain to support business strategies
- Appraise suppliers' capability and capacity
- Develop and implement the integrated commodity strategy
- Establish a Sourcing Database
- Map the Global Sourcing status and developed a 5-year and beyond strategic
- Plan for adapting changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies for sustainable sourcing
- Evaluate and improve sourcing and bidding approaches
- Analyse Total Cost of Ownership
- Negotiate short and long-term contracts and developing strategic relationships with suppliers
- Responsible for any commercial aspect of the sourcing contracts from sourcing to negotiation to execution, including claims for non-quality and charges for late deliveries.
- Implement alternative sources to minimize inventory levels, risks, stock replacement times and costs.
- Cooperate with the suppliers closely to identify opportunities in short and long term
- Lead the implementation of cost reduction initiatives in sourcing
- Establish the supplier's performance monitoring system to analyse their performance KPIs; develop the structure to enhance their performance or initiate necessary actions to mitigate sourcing risks including dual sourcing activities if required
- Robust and effective application of supply chain policies and processes, including pricing, item data record maintenance, material accounting
Supply Chain Manager - The Person Specification
- Previous experience within a similar supply chain /inventory and supplier management role (min 5 years). Previous apparel experience would be advantageous
- Experience of establishing new supply chain management systems and process
- Proven in managing third party manufacturers in the UK, Europe and the Far East
- A knowledge logistics & compliance
- Experience within a manufacturing environment - preferably with CMT
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Analytically minded, with strong problem-solving skills
- Adaptable to change and driven to achieve results
- Work well under pressure and demonstrate commercial judgement.
- Excellent planning, negotiation, and organisation skills, highly attentive to detail.
- Knowledge of Safety, Quality, and Cost Objectives
- Highly proficient in EXCEL
Please apply with your updated CV to #removed# quoting our reference: 11985AA.
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on #removed# quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.