The Paralegal is accountable for coordinating claim payments among health plan and responsible party through negotiating for successful recovery of 1st and 3rd party funds. The candidate must be confident on the phone and comfortable interacting with attorneys. Responsibilities include managing a “paperless” healthcare subrogation case load through investigation, pending and settlement stages of the recovery process. The work environment is team oriented; the paralegal is expected to coordinate efforts with the team and attorneys to bring matters to efficient and successful outcomes. The employee must be extremely detailed oriented and able to communicate with involved parties at all different aspects of the subrogation recovery process.
Looking for an experienced Paralegal. Candidate should have an interest in the health insurance/personal injury fields. The position includes a training program that teaches the employee about the healthcare subrogation process. No previous subrogation/health insurance experience necessary. The candidate should be confident on the phone and comfortable interacting with attorneys.
RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work all aspects of the recovery process following client specific procedures and guidelines
- Identify and develop subrogation recovery/settlement opportunities
- Research and request case information to develop cases
- Place parties of interest on notice of lien
- Maintain a calendar diary to monitor case activity
- Respond timely to all electronic, written and verbal communications
- Required to maintain detailed and accurate records
- Access and pull benefits from clients’ remote health claim systems
- Pursue worker’s compensation, third party liability, first party uninsured and underinsured recovery, worker’s compensation, med-pay coverage and no-fault recoveries.
- Engage advice and/or help of legal manager to proactively resolve cases
- Ensure compliance of state and federal laws
- Adhere to settlement authority levels (through client specifics and/or policy and procedures)
- Negotiate health plan medical claim settlements in the best interest of the clients
- Maintain department productivity and quality standards
- Provide feedback to management on trends or developments
- Sensitivity to privacy in accordance with HIPAA guidelines
- Comply with HIPAA Compliance and Security Policies and Procedures
- Proven negotiation skills
- Developed customer service skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Understand basic health plan contractual provisions and apply to reimbursement efforts
- Paralegal Certificate (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Paralegal Certificate Preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in a legal environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, internet research skills
We are a leader in providing solutions, consulting, and analytics for healthcare clients.
Location: Elk Grove Village,
Apply for this job now.