SEN Teaching Assistant- South Manchester
A mixed secondary school in Wythenshawe are currently looking for a qualified SEMH Teaching assistant. The successful applicant would be supporting students with SEMH (Behavioural management specialist.) This is a full-time role beginning at the start of the academic year.
The school itself identifies multiple SEN individual needs, therefore needs a teaching assistant with Behaviour management specialism to support the teacher. They will be covering but also not excluding: Assisting with reading, spelling and comprehension, Dyslexia and Dyscalculia screening, ASD/ASC needs and SEMH assistance.
The schools SEND code of practice assesses all learners in the areas of: Communication and Interaction, Cognition and Learning, Social, Emotional and Mental Health, Sensory and or Physical Needs
Key aspects of the role:
- Working alongside children who often find the learning process a challenge, focusing on those with ASD and ASC needs.
- Monitoring behaviour of either a child or group of children. Ensuring that the school policy is being adhered to.
- Helping with in class tasks, alongside assisting those around the school site.
- Working as a full-time member of the staff able to identify those pupils who ae in need of additional provisions.
- Ability of working well under pressure and overcoming the adversity when dealing with difficult situations.
- Producing suitable resources for those needs of a specific child. In this case autism training would be desired.
- Pay scale would be dependent on experience (Approx. £10 and £15 hourly)
Given the location of this school in the Wythenshawe area in south Manchester, it is very easy to access for any Teaching Assistants travelling from the local areas of Altrincham, Urmston, Didsbury and anywhere in south Manchester. The school is located close to the M60 ring road and can be accessed via the M56 aswell. The school is serviced regularly by public transport with the local train station being only a short distance away. The greater Manchester metrolink also travels near to the school.
With the speciality of this teaching assistant role, you will be given specific students who require dedicated assistance and mentoring. You may be tasked with providing small group intervention, working with identified students in supporting them with the relevant materials and resources to support in certain subjects. They will therefore be needed to work with students of all ages and ability from KS3-KS4. If you are interested in applying for this role, please do get in touch by applying via the link below for immediate consideration attaching your latest CV.