COMPANY: CEEMA TECHNOLOGY RECRUITMENT
JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: £25000 - £40000 per annum + benefits
Test and Field Service Engineer
Specialist companies need specialised skills, if you wish to join a leading specialist instrumentation company involved in the world of Ultra High Vacuum then please apply.
Test and Field Service Engineer
Designing and manufacturing high quality UHV deposition systems used in a wide range of academic and research applications at the forefront of thin-film technology.
The successful candidate will form part of a 4 person service team that are responsible for testing, factory acceptance, site acceptance and installation of thin film deposition systems.
Depending on experience this role will be focused on the in house factory acceptance testing of instruments and systems with the view to progress to onsite installation. Whilst full training will be provided, previous experience of working with high vacuum equipment would be an advantage.
As part of the service team the role is expected to develop over time to include the provision of onsite installation and service support operating on a worldwide basis. Candidates will need to be willing to travel overseas for periods of up to two weeks at a time multiple times a year, but also be prepared for a period of time for training in house to gather the experience necessary to carry out full site installations.
* Performance testing of thin film components for sputtering, Nanoparticle, thermal and e-beam evaporation and gas sources.
* Performance testing of high and ultra-high vacuum systems including customer witnessed inspection testing
* Fault finding/logging that can be fed back into the design process.
* Up-keep, maintenance, calibration and general housekeeping of test equipment.
* Maintaining and promotion a safe working environment in and around test area.
* Maintaining appropriate quality assurance documentation and traceability of testing.
* Ongoing review and updating of instrument and systems manuals in collaboration with the research and development team.
* Providing additional support to service team in response to customer queries.
* Site preparation documents and facilities advice to end users.
Permanent Working Hrs: 37.5hrs Mon - Thurs 0830:1730 Fri 0830:1300
Benefits: 4 x Life Cover Healthcare Company pension contributions
26 days plus statutory Salary Range:
Market Standard for experience
* Onsite system installation, support and customer training for nominated system projects globally. Essential Skills
* Strong understanding of mechanical and ideally electronics engineering, ideally with an associated physics back ground.
* Good IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office programs.
* Capable of working with limited supervision making informed decisions based on established safe working practises and customer needs.
* Comfortable with one to one customer interaction.
* An ability to work calmly under pressure
* History and enjoyment of travelling globally and interacting with new peoples.
* Problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work well as part of a team and also alone.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.