Job Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Good Work/Life Balance
- Top Rated Institution
- Competitive Pay
- Full Benefits
We are seeking a Sr. Oracle Applications DBA to become an integral part of our IT team!!!
This position provides critical applications and database administration services and support of enterprise business systems. A successful candidate will have demonstrated experience with the installation and maintenance of stable production and development infrastructure.
Install, configure, upgrade, administer, monitor, and maintain operationally efficient web, application servers, Oracle eBusiness Suite 12.2, and databases under minimal supervision.
· Develop, implement, and lead critical projects with high consequences for success or failure.
· Evaluate technical strategies for projects, collect hardware and software requirements, and recommend solutions to complex database problems.
· Oversee the design, performance, optimization, backup and recovery strategies, and implementation of the database system.
· Introduce new tools and automation to augment and/or replace core functions.
· Propose and implement enhancements that will improve the most complex performance issues and/or reliability of the system.
· Demonstrate expert analysis to troubleshoot and provide resolutions of complex issues.
· Formulate and monitor policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management and security.
· Assign and oversee the work of other DBAs and act as a consultant and advisor to management and other technical support staff.
· Document and develop in-depth knowledge of existing IT architecture / infrastructure and technology portfolio.
· Develop and manage an infrastructure capacity plan.
· Install, configure, and support database management systems (Oracle, MongoDB & SQLServer, Sybase databases) and related software to resolve highly complex and/or unique issues without precedent and/or structure. Work on databases using more advanced database administration concepts.
· Install, Upgrade, Configure, Clone, Patching & Managing of Oracle eBusiness Suite 12.2
· Ability to manage work of other DBAs and act as a consultant and advisor to management and other technical support staff
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and eight years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Expert level skills in all aspects of database administration.
· Extensive experience with developing strategic plans.
· Proven experience in systems design and development.
· Expert level understanding of information processing principles and practices.
· Expert level grounding in core enterprise applications.
· Expert knowledge of systems platform.
· Expert technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards.
· At least 5 years of operational experience in Oracle eBusiness Suite R12.2
· Good understanding of Oracle Fusion Middleware.
· Expert knowledge of programming languages and hands-on experience with application development tools.
· Expert knowledge of hardware and software evaluation principles and practice.
· Proven project planning and management experience, including ability to manage people.
· Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
· Exceptional understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
· Extensive experience with database and Application security protocol
· Strong Oracle Applications DBA with 12.2 skills with extensive experience in cloning and performance tuning
· Experience of Apache, Tomcat and Weblogic are highly preferred.
· Strong experience of SSL Certificate management with wallet, keytool & openssl are highly preferred.
· Knowledge of Python/Shell scripts programming are preferred
· Experience working in Sybase environment is a plus
· Experience in Managing Oracle SOA 12c is a plus
· Experience in configuring SAML is a plus
· Experience working in Cloud environment is a plus
Role: Sr. Oracle Applications DBA
Location: San Francisco,
Apply for this job now.