GENERAL SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The foundation of a strong manufacturing organization is the management team establishing an environment of open communication willing to cooperate in resolving problems. The most important aspect intertwined within your job function is your ability to deal with people. The position is responsible for managing all aspects of the assigned areas and functions in relationship to Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, and People, to support the overall company goals and objectives.
- Compliance to the Quality Management System, Environmental Management System, Safety Practices, and Management Operating System documents relative to your department.
- Develop specific objectives and targets that support company goals and objectives.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding requirements for cost targets within your functional areas.
- Provide leadership and support in Lean Enterprise/Manufacturing initiatives throughout the organization including but not limited to Kaizen, OEE, Kanban, SMED, 6 Sigma, etc.
- Define employee training needs and implement necessary actions to optimize employee performance.
- Evaluate employee performance in accordance with the AAC Employee Review Policy.
- Oversee and enforce company rules and practices in compliance with the Employee Handbook.
- Comply with 5S housekeeping practices and maintain a clean, organized work environment.
- In conjunction with Human Resources assist in the hiring and termination of employees in your area of responsibility.
- Responsible for promoting and demonstrating a team philosophy in accomplishing the division’s goals and objectives.
- Effective management of labor resources.
- Ensure that projects meet performance, quality, schedule, and budget requirements.
- Maintain all documentation related to projects, including new product launch and engineering changes.
- Serves as technical liaison with the customer and vendors. Manages the customer and vendor interface. Resolving any problems/conflicts to ensure that design reviews and corrective actions are executed throughout the course of the project.
- Coordinate customer new product tooling and launch programs with appropriate personnel.
- Process quotes with technical data regarding tooling, die cast, machining, assembly and leak test processes.
- Maintain the new/replacement die cast tooling schedule and monitor inventory of machining perishable tooling.
- Update and maintain the tool preventive maintenance files and establish the repair/prevention maintenance requirements for each tool.
- Assign repair/preventive maintenance work to outside subcontractors when required and authorized.
- Maintain the shot tracking/die status documentation.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upgrades of all tool room equipment.
- Work with manufacturing, and quality engineers to resolve tooling related performance issues.
- Work with manufacturing and process engineers to develop improved processes.
- Assign change requests to work on tooling as required and authorized.
- Perform other duties as required.
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
Prior Experience in managing related functions
2D/3D Cad Program experience (Autocad, Solid Works, CATIA)
Microsoft Office essentials
Role: Tooling/Project Engineer
Location: Grand Rapids,
Apply for this job now.