• Deliver optimal supplier solutions, matching the technical requirements in the study, design, and execution phase of capital projects. Establish a project budget within the requirements of the business unit within spend area strategy with the approval of stakeholders.
• Search the market for potential suppliers and manage a RFQ process in order to develop a supply base with the optimum service level at the lowest possible total cost.
• Negotiate project contracts and implement agreements to obtain the products and services and planned performance and savings target.
• Lead sourcing activities for the group Develop sourcing plans, supplier recommendations, , based on program cost, quality and technology requirements, program milestones, and Strategic Purchasing direction. Communicate business awards to suppliers.
• Ensure the qualification of new suppliers prior to the start of new projects.
• Maintain an approved supplier database including performance monitoring and resolving structural supply issues.
• Bachelors degree (or Bachelor’s equivalency) in Business Administration or engineering; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have experience purchasing CNC automotive machined components
Automotive special equipment manufacture
Role: Strategic Buyer
Apply for this job now.