SPECIFIC DUTIES: This bilingual customer service focused Medical Assistant will work within a sexual and reproductive health team providing the following:
- Support medical providers and reproductive health counselors in their provision of clinical services.
- Provide lab testing including phlebotomy, urine pregnancy testing, and rapid HIV and Hepatitis testing.
- Utilize electronic health record system and maintain clinical charts
- Conduct charge entry for billing and visit records.
- Answer phones, schedule appointments and triage calls.
- Obtain and record client's personal medical history including gynecological, obstetrical and sexual history, and provide individual reproductive health information to all genders.
- Provide clients with non-judgmental and accurate information regarding reproductive health issues, contraception, sexually transmitted infections, HIV, Hepatitis, pregnancy and pregnancy prevention.
- Travel to multiple sites in Plymouth, South Shore, and Cape Cod as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Site Manager.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Medical Assistant Certificate; Brazilian Portuguese speaking; High School diploma; and computer literacy essential. Must have good interpersonal and communication skills in English. Must be sensitive to the needs of a culturally diverse population. Demonstrated ability to communicate unbiased reproductive health knowledge to patients (adolescents and adults of all genders) in an effective and culturally competent, non-judgmental manner
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Two year's experience as Medical Assistant in medical office. Experience with insurance billing a plus.
Please note that resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. This position will remain open until filled.
HEALTH IMPERATIVES ENCOURAGES MULTI-CULTURAL AND MULTI-LINGUAL DIVERSITY IN ALL OF ITS PROGRAMS AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
Role: Medical Assistant (Bilingual Brazilian Portuguese)
Apply for this job now.