GREAT opportunity with the leading distributor of construction materials in the upper Midwest. Our client is looking for a District Manager for their Wisconsin Territory.
With 5 direct reports, this senior level position is responsible for achieving annual sales, operating income, working capital turnover and EBITDA goals and other defined objectives for the District all within established Company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Direct the district’s operations to achieve sales, operating income, and EBITDA goals.
- Direct the development of short and long-range business plans for the district, ensuring they are consistent with the established short and long-term goals of the Company
- Integrate branch plans and strategies into an overall plan for the district to achieve sales, profits, and return on investment in support of Company goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain staffing plans to attain the objectives of the district. This includes staff development plans and the administration of salary and personnel policies and programs.
- Identify, develop and retain high performing and high potential employees
- Plan, organize, develop, implement and control programs and activities to grow district sales, market share and profitability.
- Develops and implements pricing strategies to achieve gross margin objectives
- Jointly accountable to achieve asset goals including inventory days, A/R days, and fixed asset expenditures.
- Identifying strategic growth opportunities such as new branch locations and/or acquisitions targets.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year University in technical, business or related field or the equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Seven to ten years of sales and general management experience with P&L responsibilities in a distribution or manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to integrate various functional areas in order to maximize divisional performance.
- Proven ability to monitor and manage people and systems.
- Strong financial management skills including: establishing budgets, tracking and managing results, building business cases and understanding ROI.
- Ability to establish short term and longer term business planning.
- Understanding of reporting and communications requirements and ability to deliver such reports or presentations in a concise, professional and timely manner including: monthly & quarterly reports, performance metrics and special projects.
Rolle Schmidt & Associates, Inc. is a professional search firm that focuses on servicing our client's recruitment needs. We excel at getting to know our clients - their business; their people; and their culture. This results in efficient searches and "RIGHT FIT" placements for our clients and their new employees.
Founded in 1994 in St. Paul, Minnesota, we represent public and privately held entities in a broad variety of industries from coast-to-coast. We have helped our clients build their companies by placing hundreds of qualified candidates in all areas of their business, including accounting, finance, human resources, manufacturing, operations, sales, marketing, information technology, and engineering. Our placements range from entry level to the corner office positions.
Our commitment is to find the best possible candidates for our clients. Our staff uses extensive recruitment tools that allow us to present thoroughly interviewed, referenced and qualified candidates who have expressed a specific interest in the opportunity set forth by you, and who have the necessary skills. Our goal is to establish long-lasting relationships with clients and candidates.
Role: Wisconsin District Manager - Construction Distribution
Apply for this job now.