Fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Production Chemist to work for a well-established non-destructive testing equipment and accessories manufacturer, part of a global manufacturing group.
BASIC SALARY: £40,000 - £45,000
· Group Pension
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Oxford, Bristol, Gloucester, Reading, Southampton, Salisbury
JOB DESCRIPTION: Production Chemist - NDT Chemical Manufacturing
Based from our manufacturing base in Wiltshire. There maybe some international travel required.
Reporting to the Divisional R & D Manager and working closely with the Quality Manager, you will support the manufacturing unit, quality control, research and regulatory activities at the UK facility.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Production Chemist - NDT Chemical Manufacturing
· Support the evaluation and specification of new or alternate raw materials for new and existing products
· Manage raw material SDS and PPE requirements for the facility
· Author and maintain bills of material and manufacturing instructions as required
· Insuring product and facility compliance with applicable regulatory requirements
· Providing technical support to company personnel and customers
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Production Chemist - NDT Chemical Manufacturing
We are interested in receiving applications from Chemists, preferably qualified to at least HNC level in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering (or other science degrees) with a proven track record of production chemistry within a manufacturing environment as well as good understanding of REACH. Any Chemical formulation knowledge would be of particular interest.
· Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively and build strong working relationships across all levels
· Intelligent and technically competent, able to lead and influence a team of manufacturing personnel
· Self-driven and motivated; able to demonstrate future leadership qualities
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Production Chemist with the drive and ambition to develop their career with a worldwide supplier of non-destructive testing accessories and consumables into the Aerospace, Automotive and Oil and Gas industries.
We are part of a global manufacturing group operating in 57 countries and employing over 48,000 worldwide. Our industrial products and solutions are at work all over the world. From the spaces we live and work, cars we drive through to the mobile devices we rely on, you are never more than a few steps away from one of our innovative, specialist products or solutions.
We are there to ensure materials used to build everything from cars to bridges, aeroplanes, heavy machinery, buildings and railways can handle the stresses of everyday use and help engineers, technicians and mechanics know when those parts have reached the end of their useful life.
We offer the genuine opportunity for career development within the company and the group globally. Where possible, we have an active policy of promotion from within and firmly believe in the development of all personnel
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Production Chemist, Industrial Chemist, Formulation chemist, Analytical Chemist, Product Development Chemist : Automotive, Industrial Manufa