Do you want to enable children and young people who have been taken into care to have the best possible start in life? Are you enthusiastic, resilient, and driven to enrich and make a difference in the lives of young people? Are you someone that wants to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for.
Vetro Social Care has an EXCITING opportunity for DEDICATED and PASSIONATE Childrens Residential Support Worker to join a 4 bed Children's Residential service in Milton Keynes, supporting two girls and two boys between the ages of 12 - 18 with Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) and other challenging needs.
You will be committed, passionate and able to engage, encourage and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun! Getting paid to play computer games, go fishing and watch Man United play football is certainly a perk of the job!!
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
- Title: Childrens Residential Support Worker
- Salary: £27,307-£28,321 (average sleep allowance included)
- Location: Milton Keynes
- Hours: Full time, 39 hours per week (169 hours a month)
- Shift Pattern: 8am-10pm sleep 8am- 8.30am / 8am - 10pm, but you must be able to work every other weekend.
- Free meals whilst on shift
- Getting paid to go fishing and watch Man United play football!!
- Casual dress code
- Company pension
- Access to discounts for shopping outlets, restaurants and cinemas
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
What you will be doing as a Childrens Residential Support Worker
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual's; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting poor behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people's lives such as Psychologists.
The successful candidate:
What you will need to be a successful Childrens Residential Support Worker
- Experience as a Children's Support Worker, or within a similar social care setting or with Young People is desirable but not essential.
- MUST be a driver as you will be required to transport the young people from time to time
- You must be over the age of 21
- You MUST be an empathetic and relatable person, good listening and communication skills, and a natural instinct to help others
Do you want to make a real, measurable difference to the lives of young people? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. If you think you're right for this Childrens Residential Support Worker role, then click the 'apply' button below.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.