The Mortgage Loan Officer will develop new business relationships through the marketing of an array of bank products including Mortgage Loans, Home Equity Loans, Consumer Depository Products/Services. Primary responsibility will be associated with the origination, underwriting, structuring and closing of mortgage loans packaged with complimentary consumer depository products. Additionally, while partnering with other key bank personnel, the MLO (“Mortgage Loan Officer”) will be required to maintain and grow customer portfolios by strategically marketing the bank’s commercial and consumer products. Independent judgment and decision making required.
Develop new consumer relationships through the marketing of all bank products and services with a primary focus on Consumer Lending and Depository Products/Services. Strategically market bank and bank products to targeted prospects to build new bank relationships and increase existing client portfolios. Work closely with Bank Partners to expand consumer and commercial relationships through marketing and referrals. Market to and develop relationships with Real Estate Agents and other Center’s of Influence in the assigned service area to ensure a fluid source of referrals.
Source and develop mortgage loans for new and existing clients. Maximize bank profitability through appropriate pricing of new loan originations, fee income, and the marketing of complimentary consumer and commercial products. Negotiate terms, structure loan financing based on risk considerations and present credits for approval to appropriate levels of authority as required by bank policy.
Support the bank’s strong relationship banking culture through on-going client contact, quality service, and superior product knowledge. Pro-actively work with Bank Partners to expand consumer and commercial relationships.
Contribute to the overall success of the bank by accomplishing related tasks as assigned by management.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Must have a minimum of two years experience in mortgage lending with knowledge and experience of FHA, VA, Conventional and Portfolio Loans.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of mortgage lending products, applicable rules and regulations, and general bank policy related to lending.
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with all levels of management, customers and co-workers.
- Must demonstrate effective judgment and decision making skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must pass pre-employment testing including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to travel between the bank and client’s place of business/home.
- Must be able to utilize bank equipment to process bank business.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be capable of simultaneously handling demands from clients, co-workers and management.
- Must be capable of conducting business at client locations.
I understand that this job description may change at any time with or without notice. I also understand that the above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by associates assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, duties and skills.
I also understand that STC Capital Bank requires that I satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations. I understand that it is my responsibility to inform STC Capital Bank of any accommodations I require to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of my job.
At STC Capital Bank, we're here to make a difference in the way you bank. We do so every day for our clients by staying tried and true to our founding principles: service, trust, and commitment. These three principles are a whole lot more than just words to us. They're at the center of how we do business; they're even what influenced our name, "STC" Capital Bank.
Upholding our mission day in and day out is an utmost priority here at STC Capital Bank. We do so by providing our valued clients a blend of professional, accommodating, and friendly service, backed by a wide range of value-added products and services to always keep banking easy and accessible for you.
Role: Mortgage Loan Officer
Location: Saint Charles,
Apply for this job now.