Spencer Technologies is in search of a reliable Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our accounting team. We are looking for a detail-oriented individual with Collection experience who will work closely with the Accounts Receivable Manager.
The applicant will be responsible for tracking and resolving outstanding payment issues and generate weekly aging reports in a timely manner. The candidate must have knowledge of general accounting principals and be proficient with MS Excel.
The applicant should display a positive and proactive attitude, strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and multitask and be a strong communicator, both paper and over the phone.
Role and Responsibilities - Primary
- Initiate collections on past-due accounts
- Communicate with clients about billing discrepancies and questions
- Prepare and deliver invoices to customers in accordance with their requirements
- Engage management over any AR problems you encounter
- Maintain accounting ledgers as required
- Audit ledgers to ensure they contain correct information, such as billing addresses and invoice numbers
- Conduct account research and analysis
- Prepare and maintain various reports
- Maintain an accurate aging report
- Send statement to outstanding customers
- Interact with customers to resolve outstanding issues
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- 3-5 years' experience in accounting field preferred
- Experience with customer service and client communication
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to create and edit Excel spreadsheets
Encompassing over 45 years of corporate evolution, today's Spencer Technologies is the leading provider of end to end IT life cycle solutions for literally every type of major corporation in the retail market — from specialty stores and department stores to DIY and restaurants. Our team is comprised of retail and technical experts to ensure solutions are sound and relevant allowing us to provide the highest quality of service to top retailers throughout the world. More importantly, we set the standard for experience, technical expertise, unparalleled customer service and absolute reliability.
Role: Accounts Receivable Clerk
Apply for this job now.