SEND Teaching Assistant
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications for this position is previous experience supporting young people.
We are currently recruiting for a SEND Teaching Assistant to provide additional support interventions to students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities in a secondary school environment. The post is to start September 2021 and will be on a long-term basis.
Support will be classroom based and will be in small groups and 1:1.
If you are an experienced support worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
To be considered for the SEND Teaching Assistant position you will:
- Have significant experience working with people with learning difficulties, behavioural difficulties or disabilities
- Recent experience in an educational setting
- Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C or above
- The willingness to undertake any relevant training
- A genuine desire to become part of a committed team of Teaching Assistants
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria)
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period)
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support
How to apply
If you are an SEND Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate, and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Secondary Education team on #removed#.