Verasonics, the world-wide leader in research ultrasound, is hiring an NDE Ultrasound Scientist! You will be a NDE subject matter expert with experience using the Verasonics Vantage system and have credibility with the research community and industry experts when attending conferences, trade shows and other events. Your broad range of duties include new product development, domestic and international customer support, technical sales, project management, market research and technical education of other team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Employee uses scientific and engineering principles to develop new capabilities and product concepts in line with the growth strategy of the Company. Generally, this entails enhancing the commercial value of Verasonics products by developing features & tools which enable our customers to innovate. This activity requires interfacing with customers, reading technical literature, planning and conducting experiments, and technical direction and education of team members.
- Employee will be asked to lead development/prototyping programs, application development, system testing and creation of software development tools. This will involve regular, frequent customer interactions, identification and purchase of materials and tools, and training of product support teams.
- Employee will devote a portion of time to providing technical, research and programming support for users of the Verasonics research system. This will involve serving as an expert user of the Verasonics platform, answering customer questions, and review of problems with customers’ programs.
- Employee will regularly provide technical sales and post-sales support and input to sales & marketing group. Becoming an expert user of the Verasonics platform and developing a deep understanding of our customers’ research needs are basic requirements. Extensive travel is expected.
- M.S. in Math, Science and/or Engineering; Ph.D. with extensive software/programming skills desired
- 4-5 years’ experience working with a variety of NDE systems and applications, primarily focused on phased array applications
- Written and verbal English proficiency
- Proficiency in programming in the MATLAB environment. Familiarity with other programming languages such as C, C++ and Java.
- Well-developed business acumen with a good understanding of NDE customer demographics; able to analyze markets and build business cases. Strategic marketing experience a plus.
- Preference given to candidates having strong relationships with researchers and industry partners in the non-destructive evaluation and material testing community
- Willing and able to travel nationally and internationally up to 25% of the time. Exceptional cross-cultural and language abilities in English required, and other foreign languages highly desired.
Verasonics is revolutionizing research ultrasound with the development of leading-edge technology. The real-time, software-based, programmable ultrasound systems accelerate research by providing unsurpassed speed and control to simplify the data collection and analysis process. The company has established a new paradigm in ultrasound system architecture by providing extreme flexibility to expedite development of new techniques and products.
The mission of Verasonics is to deliver the most advanced and versatile tools to our customers, enabling them to develop new algorithms and products that elevate ultrasound techniques in biomedical ultrasound, materials science, earth sciences, physics of acoustics, and more.
Role: Ultrasound Scientist – NDE
Apply for this job now.