SUMMARY: The Service Technician is responsible for the delivery and pick up of Durable Medical Equipment (DME) to patients' home settings and to medical facilities in the greater Rockford area. Service must be delivered in a timely and professional manner. It includes educating patients and/or care givers on safe operation and use of equipment. The Service Technician may also be responsible for product care and maintenance, product repair, product cleaning, warehouse duties, vehicle care and maintenance, and tracking of inventory at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Timely delivery and set up or retrieval of equipment to the patient/client in a professional manner.
- Appropriate instruction / demonstration on the proper and safe use of the equipment.
- Loading and unloading of equipment in an orderly and secure manner and according to Graymont policies and procedures.
- Completion of vehicle safety checks on a regular basis and per company policy.
- Maintenance of vehicle including cleaning and appropriate inventory of supplies.
- Checks electrical outlets on site for appropriate power source and proper ground when delivering electrically powered medical equipment. General awareness of patient environment to address any concerns thereof.
- Safe and defensive driving, obeying all traffic laws.
- Providing a safe and reassuring experience for the patient/client at all times.
- Completion of all required paperwork upon delivery, pick up, service, etc., of equipment and in adherence to HIPAA guidelines.
- When requested, cleans, disinfects, repairs and quality checks all products as required and in accordance with Graymont procedures.
- Willing and able to participate in on-call rotation with other Service Technicians, including on evenings and weekends.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Work around patients, in home settings or in healthcare facility.
- General exposure to hospitals and surgery centers.
- Sitting, standing & driving for prolonged periods of time; up to/exceeding 8 hours per day.
- General/mild exposure to hazardous chemicals (non-flammable/non-toxic)
- Fast-paced environment, subject to numerous schedule and priority changes, often with short-notice
- Two years of customer service or comparable experience required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must have a strong customer service orientation
- Must be willing and able to work overtime, including some evenings and weekends
- Ability to safely lift, push or pull up to 150 lbs
- Must work/drive safely in all aspects of the job
- Must have a valid and current driver's license in the state applicant resides
- Previous driving/delivery experience preferred
- Previous DME experience is preferred, but not required; training is provided
Graymont Medical is a high-energy, fast-growing, home medical equipment and distribution company. We focus on providing best in class services and equipment to patients recovering from orthopedic surgery.
Role: Service Technician
Apply for this job now.