Our company is currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Clerk to join our team! You will be responsible for preparing and examining financial records for our company with emphasis on AR.
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Creates reports regarding the current status of customer accounts as requested.
- Researches customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of other staff.
- Collaborates with accountants to reconcile accounts receivable.
- Assists in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger.
- Assists accountant in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
- Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed.
- Relays changes of information to appropriate employees.
- Compute and record numerical data.
- Check the accuracy of business transactions.
- Perform data entry and administrative duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in accounting, finance, or other related fields.
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Deadline and detail-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite(Word and Excel) or related software as well as other accounting software programs such as QuickBooks (QB Desktop & QB Online), Sage 50, NetSuite, SalesForce.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with internal and external customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates or Bachelors degree in Accounting preferred.
- At least two years of related experience required.
Headquartered in Addison, Texas, Group CBS (Circuit Breaker Sales) has affiliated companies throughout the U.S. which provide premier products and unparalleled capabilities and services to the industrial, utility, electrical distribution, and repair markets.
If it's electrical... we have it! We're the one-stop for all your electrical apparatus sales, service and engineering requirements.