This Position requires Automotive Manufacturing Experience and Permanent United States Citizenship.
Quality Engineer Summary:
Provides statistical information for quality improvement by identifying testing methods and samples.
Quality Engineer Duties:
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Establishes statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error; determining levels of confidence.
- Establishes statistical reliability by using mean time before failure, reliability modeling, and reliability demonstration tests.
- Develops experiments by applying full and fractional factorial techniques.
- Develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable and sequential sampling methods.
- Maintains statistical process controls by applying demerit/unit, zone charting, x2 charts for distributions and individual-medial/range for multi-stream processes.
- Analyzes data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution and process capability analysis tests.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data; making recommendations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies; maintaining American Society of Quality Control Certified Quality Engineer qualification.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Quality Engineering Qualifications:
- Analyzing Information
- Reporting Research Results
- Technical Understanding
- Promoting Process Improvement
- Developing Standards
- Managing Processes
- Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Supports Innovation
- Quality Engineering
- Operations Research
- Monitors, tests and inspects products to make sure they meet specified standards.
- Verifies product dimensions, color, texture and strength and locate imperfections.
- Knowledge/experience with tools such as micrometers, calipers, gauges, volt meters, ammeters and ohmmeters, as well as electronic inspection equipment and coordinate measuring machines (CMMs).
- Designs systems by which production quality can be checked in an ongoing process.
- Work with the production team to implement any new testing criteria or assembly methods they may have developed.
- Assist in processes and procedures compliant with TS-16949.
- Participate on Six Sigma/Kaizen teams
- Plan and conduct the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration of production blanking, laser welding, and mig/tig weld processes to ensure product quality.
- Communicate with the customer.
- Prepare FMEA, Control Plan, and PPAP submissions and approval.
Quality Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in quality, mechanical or industrial engineering
- 2+ years experience in an Automotive Manufacturing environment - Required.
- U.S. Citizenship - Sponsorship will NOT be provided by company
Salary $65,000 - $75,000 a year with relocation assistance.
Recruiting Specialists for the Manufacturing, Operations, and Engineering Industries.
Arthur Wright & Associates is a employee recruitment firm / headhunter that specializes in placing candidates within the manufacturing, operations, and engineering industries.
We connect manufacturing, engineering, and industrial companies with top talent quickly, confidentially, professionally and with commitment.
Role: Quality Engineer
Apply for this job now.