Field Application Engineer - Semiconductor Test
Our client is a leading provider of ATE platforms to Tier 1 clients in the semiconductor industry. We are seeking a talented Field Application Engineer in test with solid device test program development for complex digital IC. This is a high profile, high impact role delivering technical expertise to customers on solution planning and implementation based on their award winning ATE platforms
Overall Role Description:
This opening is for an experienced semiconductor test Applications Engineer to provide ATE solutions and technical leadership in support of a leading edge semiconductor customer. This position is based in Dallas, TX (with possibility for Houston, TX) . The duties include working closely with peer and customer engineers to develop ATE-based test solutions, and driving consensus on technical directions and test methodologies. Success in this role entails developing complex ATE-based digital test methodologies, test program development and debug, ATE system programming guidance, and providing application guidance to customer and peer engineers. In order to have a high impact on client's success, the candidate must be capable of setting and adjusting task priorities based on changing customer needs, defining task closure strategies, guiding customer engineers on best practices, and executing with minimal management direction.
- Successful candidate will leverage his/her technical leadership and expertise to derive and develop test program solutions and strategies to test complex digital-based SOC devices on V93000 ATE systems.
- Create test program solutions and mentor peer engineers toward self-sufficiency in developing test programs on the client's test system for high-end digital semiconductor products.
- Deliver technical expertise to customers on solution planning and implementation based on client products and services. Requires demonstrated ability to quickly understand new concepts and apply this understanding to workable solutions that leverage existing or evolving client ATE instrumentation.
- Successful candidate may prepare and execute pre-sales activities, customer technical presentations, theoretical benchmarks, requirements analysis, and competitive positioning with technical analysis.
- Must collect and comprehend upcoming customer requirements, and effectively relay this information to R&D for strategic planning of future ATE solutions.
- Assist the client customer team in planning strategies to protect and grow market share within assigned and peer accounts.
- Design and layout DUT interface hardware, utilizing transmission line theory and implementing best practices for noise reduction and interconnect technology.
- Communication of ATE (V93000) technical solutions strategies and roadmap to customers.
- Contribute to achieving and maintaining customer satisfaction, loyalty and engagement.
- May deliver training classes and consulting-related services to various customers as required.
Approximately 25% travel to various customer and client sites.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years direct experience developing semiconductor test solutions for complex digital semiconductor devices on leading ATE platform(s).
- Experience in testing common high-speed digital protocols.
- Working knowledge of Linux operating system.
- Proven project management skills.
- Cross-functional collaboration experience
- Proficient C++ programming skills.
- Proactive, self-disciplined and motivated self-starter
Pre-Sales skills and direct customer interface experience.
Additional Skills Preferred
- Mixed-Signal semiconductor test development background is a plus.
- Demonstrated personal leadership skills & strong technical team contributor.
- Experienced in driving solutions in a team setting that effectively leverage the V93000 architecture;
- 5+ years direct experience developing semiconductor test solutions for complex digital semiconductor devices on V93000 platform(s).
We are a boutique recruitment agency working with engineers seeking the best job opportunities in today's competitive marketplace. We only work with carefully selected clients who offer cutting-edge technology, top salaries and lots of career growth opportunities in high-demand industries.
Our mission is to successfully partner with both our clients and our candidates by building long-term relationships. Our team is trained to accurately identify and understand both client and candidate needs in order to ensure an excellent "fit" from the outset. In fact, we do not measure our success by the number of placements we make, but rather by how successful they are in the long run.
Role: Field Applications Engineer (ATE testing)
Apply for this job now.