Jumpstart your career with MAU in Greer, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Packaging Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing, improving, and maintaining the packaging standards for the operations including inbound raw material and outbound customer packaging. Improve packaging performance with attention to supplier relations, material and suppler specifications, line-side delivery efficiencies and various internal functional group requirements. The Packaging Engineer leads /coordinates all processes in this regards and is fully responsible for the financial management of the investment and budget planning / spending. This position is leading work packages and projects.
Our client, a premier automotive company, is located in the upstate area of SC. This is a long term renewable contract opportunity.
- Major Medical Coverage, including dental and vision
- 401k with Employer Matching
- Term life
- Short-term disability
- Accidental loss
- Uniform allowance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Market leading pay
- Opportunity for advancement
- Long-term assignment with opportunity for hire by client
- Bachelor's degree in Packaging Engineering
- 4 years of equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3-5 years of experience in packaging design/specification (inbound and outbound), line side presentation, engineering change control and inventory management
- 3-5 years of experience in material flow planning, material train planning
- Experience with engineering drawings
- Advanced experience in packaging planning
- Advanced packaging design - disposable and returnable
- Ability to leverage common packaging designs
- Intermediate understanding of how to minimize dunnage and repacking
- Experience in design and/or guidance of line side rack
- Experience in design of returnable racking (metal and non-metal)
- Experience with interfacing with Engineers, suppliers, customers, and logistics companies
- Knowledge of material handling equipment
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that communications are timely
- Design proper packaging to protect and preserve product (container modifications)
- Be the responsible leader for the development / implementation of new packaging concepts
- Develop new packaging concepts
- Act as the leader of the packaging review process to get the buy off for the racks from part suppliers and the plant process partner
- Work with internal associates for packaging changes (CCB - change control board)
- Monitor part profile information
- Work with direct and indirect supplier to assure supplier conformance to packing item specifications
- Update service parts packaging standards as needed
- Maintain quantity packs and audit for conformance
- Assist in negotiating indirect supply agreements specific to packaging
- Provide packaging cost quotes as needed using approved packaging suppliers
- Be fully responsible for the investment planning and the fund management (several Mio USD / year)
- Be fully responsible for the maintenance / modification budget planning and the fund management (>100K$ / year)
- Be a member of VPS team
- Perform other duties as assigned by operations supervisor
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
MAU Workforce Solutions staffs excellent, effective people for their partners, allowing them to focus on their core competencies. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family-owned, minority company making lives better for applicants, clients, and employees through innovative workforce solutions. Today, with Branch and vendor on premise locations across the South and recruiting partners worldwide, MAU has global capabilities to help with all staffing, recruiting, and outsourcing needs.
Role: Packaging Engineer
Apply for this job now.