- Act as the primary partner on client engagements; manage engagements in a consistently profitable manner.
- Plan and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Review client engagement documentation and work papers for accuracy.
- Supervise client/engagement procedures.
- Development of team members - serve as mentor, advisor, team leader, and/or career advocate.
- Expand services to existing clients.
- Demonstrate technical competence in specialty expertise.
- Provide team members with timely and candid performance feedback supporting the firm's performance management process.
- Encourage existing clients to utilize all firm's services.
Basic Qualifications & Experience :-
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting or a related Degree.
- 10+ years of working with Assurance.
- CPA designation is required.
- Strong background and experience in Real estate and Low Income Tax Credits/Housing.
- Ability and experience of managing a team of 3 - 4.
- Experience in working with HUD Programs, and with Developers & nonprofit developers, housing authorities, etc.
Required Skills/Knowledge/Abilities :-
- Superior knowledge of general accounting and auditing including the application of general theory.
- Ability to research technical issues and document results; to supervise, coach, and develop individuals and/or large groups; to recognize, research, document and resolve technical issues; successfully contribute to the success of a strategic business unit of the firm; represent the company/firm in the marketplace; speak English to communicate with clients, team members, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs - Word and Excel.
- Strict adherence to professional ethics.
- Capable of routinely generating new business.
- Strong background in working with Assurance in Real Estate or Low-Income Housing. (Candidates who come from Miller Cooper, Grant Thornton, Cohn Resnick, Novogradac & Company, or the Big 4 Firms, would be highly preferred.
Working Conditions :-
The typical office hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Work extra hours as determined by the workload and client expectations. Travel for this position will be minimal. Should have the ability to sit for long periods of time, move throughout office, and lift, carry, push, and pull up to 30-50 pounds.
Powered by JazzHR