I am recruiting for a Processing Manager for my client at their site in Grassington, North Yorkshire.
This role is a permanent, key managerial position within both the dairy operation and the business, you will be reporting directly to the Senior Operations Manager.
The role works alongside the Production Manager role and holds responsibility for both the processing department and the company quality assurance system.
The successful applicant must be;
- A focused individual who possesses analytical skills
- Attention to detail/ exacting high standards from both themselves & their team.
- Relationship building skills are essential, as you will be working with external agencies.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office applications, as the role will involve considerable use of computers.
The position involves the management of several staff & has a number of key responsibilities within the remit which includes:
• Maintain the highest hygiene standards throughout the Dairy.
• Manage and update the company hygiene policies and procedures.
• Ensure standards/specifications are adhered to relating to products and procedures.
• Ensure that staff are working in conjunction with the agreed Instructions.
• Management of audit compliance/ external audit process.
• Ensure all Dairy operations are carried out in the most efficient manner and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Involved in writing / agreeing any new work instructions.
• Conduct investigations regarding on-going training issues and as part of disciplinary procedures.
• Stock control and management of all Dairy consumables, packaging, PPE, etc.
• Management of Dairy Control File and relevant accreditation.
• Management of HACCP File.
• Attend monthly HACCP & Quality Management Meetings.
• Processing staff rota and holidays.
• Conduct periodic probation and performance reviews for staff under your management.
• Liaising with the Engineering manager to ensure optimum running of processing equipment within spec.
Previous experience within a Processing environment would be advantageous as would working with quality Systems.
You will have shared roles with the Production Manager & you will liaise very closely with the Production Manager daily to ensure efficiencies of business are met.
This is a full-time position which offers the flexibility to the successful applicant of a 40hr or 48hr week. Either working pattern will include every other Saturday rotation.
Bank holidays will be included in the working week.
The rate is hourly paid rate of £14.50 rising to £15.00 per hour upon successful completion of probationary period.
Based on a 48 hr week would be circa £37,500 p