Company: CREATIVE FINANCIAL STAFFING
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Creative Financial Staffing has partnered with a fast-growing Real Estate Investment Firm to identify a Fund Controller. This is a newly created position that is open due to growth.
Highlights of the Fund Controller Opportunity:
- Founded nearly 20 years ago, our client is a pre-eminent real estate development, investment, and management.
- The company is growing quickly -They currently manage over $1B of assets in three separate investment vehicles (private equity funds and separate account joint ventures) and is in the process of capital raising for a fourth vehicle (private equity fund)
- They offer a laid-back culture. They are never too crazy busy but rather stay at a steady fast pace. They are flexible with regards to start/end of the day. The average workweek is 40 hours.
- This role offers complexity, visibility, and variability with unlimited exposure to complex accounting transactions.
- They cover 100% of medical and dental premiums.
The Fund Controller's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise, mentor, and develop a team of 3.
- Responsible for the coordination, preparation, and issuance of all financial reports related to the real estate funds.
- Manage and forecast fund cash
- Ensure the proper accounting and financial presentation of real estate assets under GAAP fair value (investment company) accounting and preparing investor and other third-party reporting.
- Review and analyze performance returns, advisor incentive fees, and acquisition/disposition fees on real estate investments. Review valuation models for reasonableness in determining asset fair market values.
- Assist with acquisition and disposition closings.
- Track preferred returns.
- Coordinate and review quarterly track record performance.
- Tenant credit reviews on acquisitions and new leasing.
- Coordinate and review of annual fund budgets and models.
- Monthly review of the internal sources and uses reports, including reforecasting.
- Capital calls and distributions/draws and repayments on the subscription line of credit.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 5+ years of accounting experience, including fair value real estate accounting
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite