Stadler Rail Group is a Swiss-based passenger railcar manufacturer and service provider with a US manufacturing site in Salt Lake City, Utah. We are a leading manufacturer of regional and commuter trains, light-rail, subways, streetcars and mountain rail. Stadler has multiple contracts to deliver passenger rail vehicles to customers in the United States and Canada.
A material handler maintains production and distribution of product by pulling orders from inventory; delivering production materials and supplies; staging finished product.
- Operate pallet jacks and forklifts as needed
- Load and unload materials and merchandise from trucks
- Ensure all raw materials are labeled and dated properly
- Keep track of all orders and dispatch priority orders first
- Keep stock inventory updated
- Scan the material manually while stocking and notify supervisor immediately of any missing materials
- Enter daily transactions in the related software
- Support distribution by timely picking, wrapping, packing and loading of ordered material for clients
- Assemble crates for loading, using hand tools if needed
- Install bracing, padding and strapping to loaded materials in the vehicle to ensure safe and secure dispatching of ordered material
- Maintain the workplace and warehouse in a neat, clean and orderly condition.
- Evaluate all goods received with purchase orders and monitor physical count of all inventory and shipping charges
- Maintain in-process inventory at work centers by delivering and opening materials and supplies
- High school diploma/GED required
- Ability to lift loads of 60-100 pounds
- Current and valid OSHA forklift operation certificate
- Able to work occasional weekends, holidays and evenings
- 1+ years’ inventory management experience
- Strong attention to detail
What we offer
An interesting and challenging position in an international, success-oriented company with national and international career opportunities. Benefits: Extensive training, competitive salary, vacation time, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K program, great culture, amazing growth potential!
Stadler US is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Stadler US is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
Role: Materials Handler
Location: Salt Lake City,
Apply for this job now.