Job Title: Learning Support Assistant
Position: Full-time, part-time, temporary
Location: West Yorkshire
Pay: £12.09 per hour
About the role
Have you been considering a career change to one that is more emotionally rewarding, with a real sense of helping others to achieve?Reed Further Education are supporting numerous clients with the recruitment of supported learning candidates. We are seeking Support Assistants for both 1-2-1 and small group set-ups within FE Colleges to support learners with SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities).If you have previously worked within educational settings, FE, coaching, mentoring, sports activities, summer camps, tutoring, NHS, care or youth work then we’d really like to hear from you. Alternatively, if you have always enjoyed helping others and are interested to find more out regarding the progression of young adults, then we’d love to be able to tell you more about this role.For the role of a Teaching Assistant you will:
- Provide one-to-one support and supervision of students with special education needs/learning difficulties and disabilities within the classroom
- Encourage learners to excel and reach their full academic potential
- Support learners with their literacy and numeracy development
- Create, monitor and review SMART targets
- Manage challenging behaviour, where necessary
- Maintain accurate records of learners’ progress
What a great Teaching Assistant will need:
- Positive approach to working with children and the ability to motivate, inspire and build rapport
- Strong regard for student safety and well-being
- Competent reading, writing and numeracy skills
- DBS child and adult workforce on the update service (we can apply for this on your behalf)
- A good knowledge of Safeguarding (we can offer free online training)
What we can offer you and the benefits of working for our client:
Our colleagues enjoy a range of generous benefits including;
- Excellent annual leave allocation
- Ample free parking
- Canteen facilities
- Support for continuous professional development
- Local Government Pension and a range of employee benefits as well as the opportunity to work within spectacular grounds.
If you feel you meet the criteria, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking 'ApplyNow’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
All candidates who register with Reed Education will have 2 years’ referencing taken up and will be required to have a DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.